Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People joking about your homosexuality
How do you fell about it?
Often when I'm at work my work mates joke about my 'gayness'
And at home my family joke about it too.
How do you fell when people in your everyday life joke about your gayness?

My brothers tease me about it. I don't really mind. I know they are joking and still love me.

Ps Joshy I love your gayness :3

I'm alright as long as it's not using insulting stereotypes, for example, something about paedophilia, or scat, fisting, bowel issues, anal play with live animals, ETC.

But then I'm easily offended...

I'm the first person to joke about my sexuality...those fucking breeders aren't going to have all the fun.

Besides, I believe the best way to empower yourself is to take control out of the hands of those seek to hurt which lesens their impact.

You can usually tell whether a joke is just a joke or something more serious, intended to hurt. I'm not offended at all by something that's just a joke, even if it's about my sexuality.

I think I've found it mostly to be an affirmation that someone accepts my sexuality

My dad has joked with me about me being gay since I was 11 but he has always said if it was true he wouldn't joke of course he dosnt know so still makes the jokes but I've found that it has toughened me up to allow the jokes from freinds etc to run straight off me

So no it dosnt bother me in the slightest unless I'm having a bad day then they jus annoy me...

I used to experience that early on in my open gay life, but it has diminished significantly, and if there are jokes to be made, they aren't heavy ones that could cause annoyance or offense to myself.

Light-hearted silly jokes are the only ones experienced now a days, and even then, are quite rare occurrences because, to my friends and family, my sexuality is not of any more importance than that of their own.

How I felt about it when it has happened in the past or even today? I don't think too deep into it, as I'd probably share the laughter with them. I have a twisted sense of humor myself, so it'd be hypocritical for me to get all high and mighty, puffing my chest out in outrage to every comment or joke made.

Joshular Wrote:I think I've found it mostly to be an affirmation that someone accepts my sexuality

That's such a noble way of taking it...

I bow to you [Image: ojigi.gif]

I always take it as a joke. xD