Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
composers/producers?
Any other music composers/producers here up for sharing ideas and especially production tips?

Yes! Right here. Producing (and composing) is one of my biggest hobbies… I do it all the time. Do you want anything specific??? And generally, what type of music are you particularly involved in?

Electronic/ambient/dance.
Whatever anyone has to offer. I'm full of ideas currently. Little creative techniques and production techniques.

- On anything that's not bass - use a high pass filter to cut all frequencies below 60hz at least.
- I'm not working in 4/4 anymore.

What about you?

No, haven't played music since I gave up playing the piano (huge regret).

I do follow someone from gayspeak that makes music on Facebook, I'll place the link here. I forget the related username, so sorry if you happen to be the person from this page LOL.

https://www.facebook.com/trevordeverteuilmusic

No that is not moi.
I'll post my links on my profile

Woollyhats Wrote:No, haven't played music since I gave up playing the piano (huge regret).

I do follow someone from gayspeak that makes music on Facebook, I'll place the link here. I forget the related username, so sorry if you happen to be the person from this page LOL.

https://www.facebook.com/trevordeverteuilmusic

That would be LostAndSound, I believe

I'm afraid I don't have any ideas or advice to offer production-wise - my methods are pretty haphazard and usually bad

So how do you compose miley

I'm not sure there's one set method - on one track I might have an idea, a melody or chord sequence or rhythm structure, and I'll try to see what sound is best to use to reproduce it (guitar, different synth sounds etc) and then build around that. In another track I may just be going in blind and seeing what I can do with loops and samples and what kind of feel I can make out of that. To say nothing of what directions the track goes in after I've come up with this basic idea. It's all very haphazard

well if that is the way you work, why not? creativity is not exactly ordered itself is it, otherwise it would bloody well wait until the morning, rather than giving people their best ideas at night when half asleep.

Miles and I are Musical Husband and Wife, no one but me calls him Miley lulz, kidding~~Chicken

I'm a performer more so than I am a Composer, however composing and theory is my strong point in Music, while Producing and Music technology in general is my weakest point.

When composing, i literally dont think, but think, if you get what I mean. Basically in general, I just don't make plans, they tend to make themselves, which is a method I put into pretty much everything I do including music.

I play with what sounds nice. I usually start from the Bass, not necessarily the ground bass, and go up the scales and registers, playing with note cohesion, chords and chord progression, arpeggios, staccato and ties, slurs and so forth.

A favourite "technique" or method I like to use is the Call and Respond method, in where one instrument/sound "replies" to the one before it, typically in octaves or half step intervals, while playing in with the dominant melody/tune, creating an almost "overlap" in which the person hears the main melody, but can subtly hear it similar to an Echo from different instruments replying.

Its a method I learned both in Music and Drama class, as well as Ashay, where i Swahili, we practiced Call and Response "Ago" and "Ame". It's why I like it so much.

As well as Imitative sound techniques, such as those used in Rondo form(Aa,Ab,Ac) and those used by Igor Stravinsky, shown by the Bassoon in the Rite/Passage of Spring.

That's pretty much it :p .