Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dildo questions
So uh...just questions for the guys that know how to deal with dildos. I bought my first dildo recently. It's made of TPR material. I haven't used it yet because I have some questions about it... I'm hoping they can be answered, please?

1. Do dildos really smell this bad? How can I get rid of the smell easily? I'm thinking repeated washing with warm water and hand soap might do it.

2. Is TPR material safe overall? I got confused just searching for what was safe and what was not...

3. Is it safe to suck on a dildo after I use it in my ass (for before washing and after washing?) I wanna practice both oral and anal with it...but I'm not sure if I can do so if it won't be safe even after I wash it thoroughly.

I guess that's all...thanks in advance.

no no gorl. U gotta put up wit dat stench. lmao

If you put the dildo in your butt and then put it in your mouth, without cleaning it, you'll probably get bum germs in your mouth. Whether or not that is deadly or bad, IDK.

But yeah, I think that smell stays. mhmmm.

Apparently TPR is hypoallergenic, nontoxic and phthalate free. So yee.

Recommend using a condom on it for anal. Not only will there be less chance of bacterial buildup the cleanup is also quite a bit more pleasant.

TPR is one of the better materials from a health standpoint. You did well for a first time. My first was a jellie, which was a Big Mistake. Intense burning sensation almost immediately.

I personally can't tolerate using a dildo for oral practice, particularly a smelly one. My other end is somewhat less discriminating.

Hi Dan, and welcome to GS.

I've owned a lot of dildos, but I never heard of TPR. I've also never had a dildo that smelled bad (before using it). Most of my dildos have been glass. Others have been everything from rubber and latex to wood and vegetables. With the glass and latex dildos, you essentially have two choices for sanitizing it - good old soap and water or rubbing alcohol - just like washing your hands. If you don't have confidence in hand soap, you can use dish detergent, but there's no need for harsh chemicals. And once it's clean, you can feel completely comfortable inserting it into any bodily orifice that it fits. But once you've had it in your anus, it needs to be sanitized again before putting it into your mouth. There are four poisonous bacteria (including e. coli) which are likely to be in any healthy persons behind. They are "beneficial" bacteria, since they have a definite role to play in your gut, but they are poisonous if ingested through the mouth. Scientists are just now beginning to learn how important the bacteria in your gut is to your immune system and to overall health, and I'm certainly not an expert on that, but I do know that they are poisonous if ingested orally.

I highly recommend glass. Very safe - very sanitary. Sorry I can't help you out with the smell of the TPR.

Oh all right...I'll use a condom.

Oh, one more question:

Will the taste of the dildo (it's weird) affect my health in anyway? Or is it just normal? I'll get used to it if I have to, but I just wanna know if it will harm me.

I assume if the material itself is non-toxic, then the taste should not hurt you, unless you find it so disgusting you puke, or something. Though I guess that wouldn't be the first thing t... make ya gag and stuff so.

No, I guess the taste wouldn't hurt ya.Fish2

DanSimons499 Wrote:Will the taste of the dildo (it's weird) affect my health in anyway? Or is it just normal? I'll get used to it if I have to, but I just wanna know if it will harm me.

So full disclosure: I don't actually use sex toys, but I did a few minutes of research for you. Basically, I found out this:

It shouldn't affect your health. If your dildo is porous, you can't share it. Like, ever. It might sound ridiculous, but people can get different illnesses, and it's very difficult to effectively clean a porus surface. Also --- if it's made of a soft plastic it won't survive boiling... probably. What will affect your health is being unsanitary.

So if you clean your toy it should be fine, I found a simple guide,

"1. Wipe Down Method – A quick and easy way to disinfect/sanitize and clean. You can use a clean, soft cloth and a 10% bleach solution; if you have any wipes handy that are called “sanitizing” or “anti-bacterial” you can use those; a clean soft cloth soaked with a soapy water solution of antibacterial soap (the soap must be left on the toy for a few minutes to actually get the anti-bacterial properties) will also work; you can also sparingly use a little rubbing alcohol. IMPORTANT: Please rinse your toy off with a clean water-only cloth after these cleaning methods – you don’t want many of these cleaning solutions to come in contact with the sensitive membrane of your genitalia. When you use this method, you need to be certain to use extra care on toys that have a texture like ridges or a toy that (like many Lelo vibes) has a seam where one material meets another, or any other type of seam. Soft, used/old toothbrushes can help get these areas.

2. Boiling Method - Certain non-porous materials can be gently put in boiling water for 2-3 minutes for a thorough sanitizing. Remove all organic matter from the toy first as best you can.

3. Top Rack Dishwasher Method – Certain dildos and buttplugs can be run through a water-only cycle by themselves in the dishwasher. Don’t add any cleaning agents; ones meant for the dishwasher are too abrasive for toys, and ones not meant for a dishwasher can have unwanted suds accidents. Please note that only dishwashers with a “sanitize” option can actually get hot enough to sanitize the toy – and you must select that option. Remove all organic matter from the toy first as best you can.

4. Rinse and Powder – Some of the Realistic materials (this includes cleaning a Fleshlight) can’t even tolerate soap, so just a thorough rinsing with warm water will get off any fluids (be sure to do this soon after use – when fluids dry on they are much more difficult to remove). These materials also should be powdered with cornstarch (Never talc powder!!!) or the powder that came with the toy. These toys though are very porous and can never be sanitized, so no sharing unless you don the toy with a condom. This goes for toys that you might like to use both anally and vaginally – condom condom condom!"

---I think this blog post is helpful because a lot of its assertations are hyperlinked to guides and the like, so you can do further reading if you'd like.

Good luck!

http://dangerouslilly.com/sex-toy-review...intenance/

So uh...just questions for the guys that know how to deal with dildos. I bought my first dildo recently. It's made of TPR material. I haven't used it yet because I have some questions about it... I'm hoping they can be answered, please?

1. Do dildos really smell this bad? How can I get rid of the smell easily? I'm thinking repeated washing with warm water and hand soap might do it.
They will smell until they are broken in. If you dont like the smell, use a condom over it.

2. Is TPR material safe overall? I got confused just searching for what was safe and what was not...
If its made in China, I wouldn't trust it, no matter what it's made out of.

3. Is it safe to suck on a dildo after I use it in my ass (for before washing and after washing?) I wanna practice both oral and anal with it...but I'm not sure if I can do so if it won't be safe even after I wash it thoroughly.
I knew one guy who put his in the dishwasher to sanitize it after use. Yes, he washed it off first. But I would never eat off of his dishes!!!!

I guess that's all...thanks in advance.

Woollyhats Wrote:3. Top Rack Dishwasher Method

RoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRofl

I almost choked on my cornflakes when I seen this.....

ObW
X

OlderButWiser Wrote:RoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRofl

I almost choked on my cornflakes when I seen this.....

ObW
X
Must admit, I'd not heard of that one. I didn't choke, but I think I would decline any dinner invitations.

Hats off to you, Woollyhats, for that research. Sounds like a lot of work though.

Dan, why not just stick it in a condom to use it and give it a good clean afterwards with whatever's to hand (an anti-bacterial soap should be okay). This will also give you an extra opportunity to practise your wanking technique Sword2 Then all you need is a good rinse and let it dry. Following this method I haven't died.