Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vodafone live!
I just want to know just how many of you guys use the Vodafone live! feature on your cellphones.My previous phone,a Nokia,had this feature but amazing enough,I never even once used the Vlive feature to actually buy anything.I know that they offer games,music,news etc but why bother when you can get all of that for free?!Their most impressive product though has to be MobileTV.God bless HSDPA and Sex And The City!

We've not long had Vodafone in Jersey, so I think they're offering like ... limited service ?

I've not heard of Vodafone Live before :redface:.

*Crawls back under his rock*.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

*gasps* Oh dear,you making Jersey look like it's stuck in the Stone Age,lol.Vodafone live! is a mobile portal that you can access using a Vodafone live! branded cellphone (operates much like a wapsite).There are different services & products offered there (for a price) e.g. the newest singles,current games,horoscopes etc.MobileTV is a service that uses your phone's 3G or HSDPA fast internet to bring made-for-mobile channels to your cellphone.Do you have 3G in Jersey?

I dont even have a cell phone... I like caves. Caves have very bad reception. That is a good thing.

I do love my iPod Touch.

Dan1089 Wrote:*gasps* Oh dear,you making Jersey look like it's stuck in the Stone Age,lol.Vodafone live! is a mobile portal that you can access using a Vodafone live! branded cellphone (operates much like a wapsite).There are different services & products offered there (for a price) e.g. the newest singles,current games,horoscopes etc.MobileTV is a service that uses your phone's 3G or HSDPA fast internet to bring made-for-mobile channels to your cellphone.Do you have 3G in Jersey?

Nope - we only have three providers at the moment - the long-standing Jersey Telecoms, the reasonably new Cable & Wireless, and the VERY new Vodafone/Airtel group.

None of them sell their own branded phones - just contracts and PAYG arrangements, so you pick up a manufacturer's handset - e.g. a Nokia or a Motorola, and then couple that with a contract from the provider ... there are no "Vodafone" handsets per se, so no Vodafone portal *sniff* ... not that I'm aware of at any rate.

When Wouldlikemuscle was over he was able to get great signal in most places on his mobile, but with HEFTY roaming charges, poor lad :frown:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

P.s. fjp999 - you do make me laugh babe :biggrin: Bighug xx

That's so interesting.We have four networks in South Africa,the two giants : Vodacom (affiliated with Vodafone) and MTN,the underdog,Cell C and the young gun,Virgin Mobile.They all offer 3G and the faster HSDPA which I can't leave without.Luckily enough,they've conquered the African continent so there's so prob with roaming as they are present in SADC countries.I thought that Vodafone OWNED Europe.

Shadow Wrote:When Wouldlikemuscle was over he was able to get great signal in most places on his mobile, but with HEFTY roaming charges, poor lad :frown:.

Tell me about it... 19p to receive calls, 30 or 40p to text depending where in Jersey I was it seemed. Can't remember what it was to call but since I don't phone people anyway!!

To Dan: I have an Orange phone (as in the network, my phone isn't orange in colour :biggrin: ) so no Vodafone live for me.

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Tell me about it... 19p to receive calls, 30 or 40p to text depending where in Jersey I was it seemed. Can't remember what it was to call but since I don't phone people anyway!!

To Dan: I have an Orange phone (as in the network, my phone isn't orange in colour :biggrin: ) so no Vodafone live for me.
I'm also on Orange, but you seem to be paying more than I am. My most expensive texting seems to happen in Switzerland (30p each) while each message is 25.5p in France. I'm on a monthly contract, so presumably that explains the difference? Maybe your more expensive calls occurred if you picked up a French signal?

marshlander Wrote:I'm also on Orange, but you seem to be paying more than I am. My most expensive texting seems to happen in Switzerland (30p each) while each message is 25.5p in France. I'm on a monthly contract, so presumably that explains the difference? Maybe your more expensive calls occurred if you picked up a French signal?

Contract does tend to work out cheaper for things like that as I'm on PAYG. But I basically spend £10 a month for virtually unlimited texting whilst at home. Hardly EVER makes calls so won't be going to contract anytime soon.

Shadow Wrote:!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

P.s. fjp999 - you do make me laugh babe :biggrin: Bighug xx

Thanks S. Remybussi to your tummy.