Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BF works a lot
Like the title says my BF works a lot. He wakes up at 6am and leaves by 7. then doesnt come him till anywhere between 10pm-11pm each night. 6 nights a week. I know he loves his job but sometimes it gets lonely. Only seeing him for an hour a day if that.

I am not sure what to do.

Let him catch you jerking off to pictures of skinny, weak guys.

I see Wade is back to his naughty self!!!!

Actually, you should have a nice sit down talk with him. Tell him you miss him and you think you both need one day a week (or month), that is a "date night" for both of you.

Both of you turn your phones off and just BE with each other. Go out to eat, see a movie, stay in, watch TV......whatever both of you want to do as a couple. I have worked with lots of "workaholics" who give up one night a week/month to their spouse for this reason.

Heck, you might even think about a weekend getaway someplace quiet.

You need to schedule your date nights. He can't just stop working, but you can't just stop missing him. So compromise and make a date night schedule that goes with his schedule and doesn't smother him. Also, don't completely flip out if you miss or have to re-arrange a date now and again, that'll make them terrifying and not fun.

Agreed with Woolly..

Since he is working (which is not a bad thing), maybe just schedule your dates during his day off.

For sure you have time to talk before going to sleep, though I suppose he may be tired... But a quick chat would do just to catch up on each other....

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...as long as you love each other, for sure you can compromise...and check on each other's schedule to find a perfect time to have a date and enjoy each other's company

Maybe you should ask about some vacation time. And perhaps the job allows you to volunteer around him (social functions, decoration, etc), too, though some jobs are much more permissive of that than others.

Just out of curiosity, how did you get close enough to move in (assuming he had a similar schedule when you met)? :confused:

I think scheduling date nights is a wonderful idea.

Do you have a job or hobby that can take up some time while he's working? If not, then, like others have said, you should set a date night with him. If he sleeps a lot on his day off, maybe ask if he'd like to go out or cuddle for a while after he wakes up. I know this is extremely hard to control! That's a really long day and you can't really ask him not to work all the time! :/

I hope someone here gives you the answer that helps you! Smile

Assuming you love him enough to want to stay with him ... you could try having a discussion with him about your feelings. I don't know how he would receive a message that you think he is working too much (whether that's what you actually said or not), but I don't think I would respond well were it me.

As long as you have made it perfectly clear that you need more going on in your life get on and make it happen. It is YOUR life after all. That doesn't mean you take a lover or spend time in the nearest sauna (unless that's your thing, I suppose), but it is unrealistic for him to expect you to hang around till all hours waiting for him to come home. I don't know whether you are a stay-at-home partner - I'm rather assuming not - so as long as you can't give him cause to grumble that whatever domestic agreements you have in place aren't reneged upon take responsibility for keeping yourself amused. I would agree with the suggestion that you also schedule in activities together, date night if you like, so that the relationship doesn't completely wither away. Presumably he is going to be under the impression that he is working hard to make a future for you both and yes, he will be tired if that is his schedule all the time.

Keeping the relationship alive is the responsibility of you both, not just one of you.

The things I would give to be in your situation!!!! I want a relationship..... anyways yeah surprise him every now and then at work maybe. Stay up waiting for him sometimes. Yes, it will be lonely but im sure he's worth it. I would spend every moment of his day off with him to make up for the little bit of time you two spend during his work days.