Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I couldn't find the "favourite ads" thread
I usually can't stand adverts but I never change the channel when this one comes on.
.I cried the first time I saw it (such a cry baby!).I wish that there were such ads when I was a kid,that would've helped out a lot.Glad that today,such information is presented to South African children and in a manner they can understand.

Oh,here's a Childline ad that they were showing before.
Less hip but it gets the message across.I don't know why but I just like the Childline ads.I even know the number by heart!

Dan1089 Wrote:Oh,here's a Childline ad that they were showing before.
Less hip but it gets the message across.I don't know why but I just like the Childline ads.I even know the number by heart!

That one was no longer available... I'm afraid.

Dan1089 Wrote:I usually can't stand adverts but I never change the channel when this one comes on.
.I cried the first time I saw it (such a cry baby!).I wish that there were such ads when I was a kid,that would've helped out a lot.Glad that today,such information is presented to South African children and in a manner they can understand.

That was just so special. Thanks for sharing Dan Remybussi

Quote:I usually can't stand adverts

What? They are the best part of commercial TV Twak Twak Twak Twak Twak

This one certainly isnt as touching as your beautiful cm but I kinda liked this one

None of them are available any more *sniff* :frown:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

South African ads usually try to push the envelope by poking fun at our unique society and the results can sometimes be APOCALYPTIC!
I love this ad,it's funny and brilliant!It was on TV about 4 years ago and it offended so many people.I just found it extremely funny.It got banned unfortunately.Am I the only one that thinks it's hilarious?

Dan1089 Wrote:South African ads usually try to push the envelope by poking fun at our unique society and the results can sometimes be APOCALYPTIC!
I love this ad,it's funny and brilliant!It was on TV about 4 years ago and it offended so many people.I just found it extremely funny.It got banned unfortunately.Am I the only one that thinks it's hilarious?
I don't know if it's hilarious, but it certainly is interesting, by taking the other standpoint... Why was it banned? What is an ad for? A tv channel?

It was an ad for SABC 1,South Africa's youth channel.It received major critism for people that thought it was racist,anti-social.Not surprised that you dom't find it funny,South African humour is something thats not easily understandable.We like laughing at ourselves.But that ad,thats what it's like for many black South Africans.

Dan1089 Wrote:It was an ad for SABC 1,South Africa's youth channel.It received major critism for people that thought it was racist,anti-social.Not surprised that you dom't find it funny,South African humour is something thats not easily understandable.We like laughing at ourselves.But that ad,thats what it's like for many black South Africans.
The juxtaposition was clear enough and I could see why it made people uncomfortable, but what was the justification for the accusation of racism?

Guys,I love you so I'm sorry for unleashing this particular ad on you guys!
It's an ad for Cell C,SA's underdog network provider.It's just one of those ads that people either loved or loathed and I loved it to bits!It's a shame that it's off the air now.