Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys letting you down
Has anyone else had this problem of arranging to meet a guy only for them to bloody let you down at the last minute saying that something's happened? That their entire family has suddenly died at the last minute? That they're sick? That they've got to look after their auntie? That there's been a nuclear meltdown?

It happens to me all the time. Okay they don't always come up with those exact excuses but they do make excuses. I go to the effort of planning a date and get all excited only to be told they can't make it.

It's happened to me far too many times and it is starting to seriously piss me off. I go to the effort and they do that?! The damned audacity! I am getting sick of guys. I know I am a guy too but whatever I am sick of them anyway.

Has this ever happened to anyone here? Why are these people so damned unreliable anyway? I make the effort, why can't they?

Thankfully it doesn't happen all the time. I did meet someone after work last week. Maybe there is hope after all....

Yeah it's happened to me quiet a few time too, and the last time it happened to me the other guy had a go at me when I did nothing wrong. The guys that do this are not worth your time.

It's happened to me once, after two attempts to meet (where he didn't show) I cut him off and stopped answering his messages.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Most of the time, guys who do that really just want to piss you off. Occasionally, they really can't make it and do want to meet. It's up to you to determine which group they are in. Personally, I give everyone two chances, after which no more.

Yeah I think the two tries policy is a good plan. I might give someone three chances. At least there are still some guys I can trust, even if their numbers seem ridiculously small sometimes!

Haven't even had the chance of being let down by a guy yet..

just wait, it will come

Sometimes guys are afraid to meet an odd person for a date for the first time. If you've never met a guy alone before, or really know him, you can make the first meeting more comfortable by making it a group event where he can bring friends, and then make the next meeting a date. There was a girl I knew in highschool that always brought me with her to meet guys for the first time (she liked to meet guys online).

Also, if this happens, make them make the next date plan. And if they just don't, they probably aren't interested, so let them go.

it has happen to me once except he showed up and during the date told me I wasn't his type, he said I was too skinny and since he was a bit chubby he felt uncomfortable, I don't know if that was true but I took the compliment and went home haha of course he contacted me afterwards trying again but I ignored his text and calls, blow me off once shame on you, blow me off twice shame on me

Sometimes those excuses can be real, I had the worst luck with one of my dates. Driving to pick her up on the first date my phone literally went full possessed mode (the screen somehow got mashed in) and it was randomly dialing things preventing me from calling or texting anything of value. It was so irritating but luckily I found her house and was not late ^_^. From personal experience I give everyone a second chance but rarely a third, if they stand you up twice don't give them another chance unless they literally show up at your door with flowers or something and beg forgiveness Big Grin.

It's happened to the best of us, so don't let it get you down. There's a lot of people online who like to play games, and do immature things. I can't even tell you how many times this exact thing has happened to me. Are there any gay bars, or other such venues where you can mix and mingle with other gay guys, as opposed to looking online? I've certainly had some fun with online hookups in the past, but any meaningful encounters and relationships, including the one I'm in now, have come about from real-life situations. That's my advice.