Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butterflies are FREE
Butterflies. I have always loved butterflies. One of natures most beautiful insects.
I find it amazing how people think these are harmless JUST because of their pretty wings!!! Well, they ARE harmless, but people just take it for granted that they can play with them or whatever, JUST because they are pretty.

Any lepidopterist's, butterflyers, or breeders on here??

[Image: Purple-butterfly.jpg][Image: 1-backyard-butterflies-10-12-0911.jpg]
[Image: Beautiful-Butterflies-butterflies-9481730-1600-1200.jpg][Image: butterfly-pictures-1.jpg][Image: Beautiful-Butterflies-butterflies-9481683-1600-1200.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZNTyJUrvvkJ-PpKsCLxQ...MdXv0XlN3J]

I love butterflies; monarch butterfies are my favourite, we get them every year fluttering around my city every year.

When I was little I had a pet caterpillar. We kept him in a jar with air holes and food, and when he turned into a monarch butterfly we let him out and he tickled my hands so much!

But unfortunately, the same day he became a butterfly, I had to set him free Sad.

Edit:

Come to think of it I've also had pet worms, tadpoles that turned into frogs, guinea pigs, cats, dogs, can I just become a zookeeper?

we get monarch butterfly's here too and they are gorgeous, its always so sad though because they have such short life expectancy and at a specific time many will sit on a sidewalk or something nearly unable to move, just dieing, I scoop them up and put them in the grass when I can. They are so pretty Smile

what about moths? Lynx/Hawk moths, Lunar moths, Leopard Moths and especially these fabulous guys: http://www.pbase.com/markb249/image/135234202 don't get nearly enough love

jaxc Wrote:what about moths? Lynx/Hawk moths, Lunar moths, Leopard Moths and especially these fabulous guys: http://www.pbase.com/markb249/image/135234202 don't get nearly enough love

We got some kinda moths here that are like pterodactyls, giant HUGE things that fly sporadically into your face and when your under a lantern IE camping their eyes glow red O_O.... Not making this stuff up....
They may fly off with small children... not sure...

MisterTinkles Wrote:Butterflies. I have always loved butterflies. One of natures most beautiful insects.
I find it amazing how people think these are harmless JUST because of their pretty wings!!! Well, they ARE harmless, but people just take it for granted that they can play with them or whatever, JUST because they are pretty.

Any lepidopterist's, butterflyers, or breeders on here??

[Image: Purple-butterfly.jpg][Image: 1-backyard-butterflies-10-12-0911.jpg]

[Image: Beautiful-Butterflies-butterflies-9481730-1600-1200.jpg][Image: butterfly-pictures-1.jpg][Image: Beautiful-Butterflies-butterflies-9481683-1600-1200.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZNTyJUrvvkJ-PpKsCLxQ...MdXv0XlN3J]

Wow those are beautiful

SilverBullet Wrote:We got some kinda moths here that are like pterodactyls, giant HUGE things that fly sporadically into your face and when your under a lantern IE camping their eyes glow red O_O.... Not making this stuff up....

Hardly, but they do tend to be stupid and hit everything...and they leave it with that moth dust...

I wonder if I collect some of that moth dust and sprinkle it over me, would I fly?...

[Image: tumblr_lzohmq0pJB1qbnggp.jpg]

I like this one:
[Image: 2288486554_9bd8d93d7f_o.jpg]
[Image: Translucent-Butterflies.jpg]

And also these:
[Image: beautiful-black-butterfly-248331.jpg]

But I like animals in general.

southbiochem Wrote:Hardly, but they do tend to be stupid and hit everything...and they leave it with that moth dust...

I wonder if I collect some of that moth dust and sprinkle it over me, would I fly?...

LMAO........you are a chemist, but dont know much about Entomology, do you?

Moth "dust"!!!! LMAO!!!!!

Its not dust, its either scales from the moth's wings or hair/fur from its body....or both.

Oh, poor poor SB..........lost a smart point for that one!!!!

Poke2 Rofl

SilverBullet Wrote:We got some kinda moths here that are like pterodactyls, giant HUGE things that fly sporadically into your face and when your under a lantern IE camping their eyes glow red O_O.... Not making this stuff up....

You mean like this????