Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather/Climate Changes/Earth Shifts
Lots of news in recent years about climate changes, weather pattern changes, and earth shifts. Well, the earth does shift and change constantly, and every few millenia, the earth shifts and changes in dramatic ways.

Its not the end of the world.

Its not any kind of god punishing us.

Its not aliens and UFO's attempting to take over.

It is just the natural shifts in nature.

We have always seen earthquakes and title waves on the planet, but they have gotten more extreme in the past 20 years or so. Same with the weather patterns. And the weather patterns are a cause and effect of a shifting earth and celestial happenings.

Tsunami
Title Waves
Flooding
Category 5 Hurricanes
Sinkholes
Earthquakes
Landslides
Sunflares
Moon orbit
Asteroids passing by
Meteors
Comets passing by
Etc....

Shifting plates in the earths crust can have numerous after effects on pretty much everything on this planet.

With the mix of global warming, icecaps melting, and gravitational imbalances, as well as sunflares and other celestial effects......its a wonder we haven't had all of this sooner.

The earth is shifting and changing. Nothing you can really do to prevent it or even predict it. It happens when it happens, and you never know what the intensity or effects are going to be.

All you can do is watch and listen to whats going on with the earth, and make your own predictions for the piece of earth you live on.

"Running" for the hills isn't going to do much good, if those hills are running after YOU!!!

Familiarize yourself with your local civil service disaster/emergency systems -- what to do, where to go, and how to be prepared.

Get to know the planet you are living on and how to look for signs of happenings and shifts in weather, earth, and sea.

[COLOR="Blue"]
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/regional/neic/

http://www.isc.ac.uk/

http://severe.worldweather.wmo.int/

http://spaceweather.com/

http://www.weather.com/common/welcomepage/world.html

http://www.oceanweather.com/data/

https://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/[/COLOR]

[Image: earth-from-space-nasa-glenn.jpg]

Yeah but if i dont run up that hill i,ll get wet! :

How many years of record keeping are we basing 'climate change' on?

How many years has there been 'weather'?

How naive are we to think that we as humans have the power to impact climate?

Have we forgotten in the last 20 years that technology has changed and bought every disaster into our living room live via satelite?

I put it to you that the changes in our climate are nothing more than nature doing what nature does and nothing we have done and nothing we can do in the future is going to have any dramatic impacts if any at all.

dfiant1 Wrote:How many years of record keeping are we basing 'climate change' on?

How many years has there been 'weather'?

How naive are we to think that we as humans have the power to impact climate?

Have we forgotten in the last 20 years that technology has changed and bought every disaster into our living room live via satelite?

I put it to you that the changes in our climate are nothing more than nature doing what nature does and nothing we have done and nothing we can do in the future is going to have any dramatic impacts if any at all.

There's nothing you can do, no. Nature is gonna do, what nature is gonna do.

That does not mean you cannot keep an eye on whats happening, and try to be prepared. For as much, or as little, good will come of it. You never know........

And that is pretty much all we can do, but I really don't think it is as dire as greenies and the alike mobs make out, it has been turned into a political basketball to justify taxes/levi's, rather than left to real scientists.

dfiant1 Wrote:How naive are we to think that we as humans have the power to impact climate?

How naive are you to think we dont, the climate is a fragile thing, were already changing it.

partis Wrote:How naive are you to think we dont, the climate is a fragile thing, were already changing it.

Actually, its was radically changed when they discovered the hole in the ozone layer.
Which, supposedly, has healed itself because of the outlawing of CFC's.

The buildup of unnatural chemicals over the centuries has had to affect the earth somehow.

Were speeding it up, making new things, having an impact still.

Human ROLE in climate change

True… climate changes naturally throughout time.

Also true: The current trend in climate change started at the industrial revolution. CO2 levels are higher than they've been in hundreds of thousands of years. And the fastest warm up in millions of years is taking place as we speak. Humans release an estimated 29 billion tons of CO2 into the atmosphere. And a warming climate is associated with elevated levels of CO2. We are at our highest levels (according to ice-core dating) in many, many millennia.

Now let me put it this way, and on a shorter time-scale:
The CO2 levels fluctuate in the atmosphere naturally over time, but this takes many millennia usually. So for the past 2000 years, levels of CO2 have remained somewhat stable (compared to today.) Then in the 19th century, you add in the human factor: industry. This is the bathtub effect. You have a fairly stable amount of CO2 being put into the atmosphere, and the natural flora of the earth balance this out by taking in CO2. But when you drastically increase the CO2 being put into the atmosphere and remove many of the things that balance out CO2 levels (rain forests, etc), then you have a problem. A big problem.

And yes, we had ice ages, and the climate obviously warmed to melt all of the ice, and it did this naturally. The difference? This happened over thousands of years… not a few decades.

I live in a part of the world where climate change is having horrific impacts. And yes, there are things we can do. Slash our use of coal and fossil fuels. Invest in renewables. (That being said, I love my long, hot showers and I'm not going to change that lol!)

I'm sorry to rant like this, and I know many of you won't really agree with me or listen to these facts, but I feel really strongly about this and it tears me up to see people denying that humans are a huge factor in what is going on.

WIth this in mind, I still have all respect for the OP.