Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Step Forward....
Two steps back.

Arizona introduces anti LGBT law that allows businesses to refuse service to gay couples on the grounds of religious freedom.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26299559

As Marshlander reminds us, there are tough times ahead for LGBT rights in Russia and Africa, but we can't afford to drop the ball on those battles closer to home, that should really be no-brainers.

Ive never been to Arizona (and its now unlikely we ever will) is it a very homophobic state?

ObW
X

I think we already have this thread , but it is sad to see this in the US. If they cant do business with everyone then they shouldnt be in business.

austin Wrote:I think we already have this thread , but it is sad to see this in the US. If they cant do business with everyone then they shouldnt be in business.

Well, we kinda had this thread, but that was for Kansas. This is two states in a row now. What the actual fuck is going on here?

At least this one hasn't been signed yet, but it's about to be by the looks of it.

I can't believe that this can even legally happen based on EEOC guidelines. Just wow. I'm sickened and saddened by the same type of bill in my own country for the second time in 2 weeks. I guess now we have to just count our blessings and be thankful for how far we have come at least… and realize how far we still have to go.

austin Wrote:I think we already have this thread , but it is sad to see this in the US. If they cant do business with everyone then they shouldnt be in business.

I think the difference here Aust' in is that this one is about to be signed into law....

ObW
X

Kansas, now Arizona.... Hmm. Must be the republican party up to something for their big October Surprise or some political bull shit like that.....

Undoubtedly its a rebuttal to the Feds opening the doors to gays and all of that....

Whatever, this too will pass. At this stage in the game a state passing a law like this is only going to have to undo it in a few years as the pressure from the feds on unifying Gay rights and marriage across the states is going to be there.

Sort of like what happened with Interracial marriage, black rights, women's rights - a few states put on a fancy show, but ultimately had to bend over and take it like a man... :biggrin:

Kansas just did the same thing because "They're afraid the National government will overule them and make gay marrige legal"

...We can't make it illegal so lets be assholes instead!

yeah... great logic there.

I'm stepping here and putting this on the table...for them, not for you guys, cause you already know this

Master Republicans:

"You are keen in supporting invasions to Middle East countries on account that their religious beliefs are against human rights, promote terrosism, hatred, violence. Granted, they do.

Your "religious freedom" is promoting segregation, discrimination, hatred, violence, violating human rights. But you want it to be legal.......Rolleyes I'll leave you with that comparison"

Hmmmmm

Segregated businesses...........

seems I've heard that before.........

[Image: 6a00d8341c630a53ef01310f9b092a970c-pi]
[Image: segregated-drinking-fountai.png]
[Image: jimcrow.jpg]

[Image: 20130527_22_l.jpg]
[Image: 1950s_apt_678x230_112620120400.jpg]

I'm probably going against the grain, and I do understand what this is about, however; why would you willingly give money to someone who doesn't want your business? "You don't like me? Fuck you, take my money!"

Seems rather ridiculous to me. Find someone willing and ready to do what you want. What makes people think these business owners are going to do the best job they can if they don't want to do it, but are forced? Headscratch