Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
at what point is it time to move on
I was seeing this guy for 2 months...the last text I sent was on feb 12. since then, I haven't received any response.

should I try again or just move on?

sometimes, silence and a lack of response means "no longer interested."

and Erica jong once said: "Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't."

Yup true....

If a guy is truly interested, then he would be consistent in keeping up communication with you (at least in my experience)

Unless, something really bad happened to him like he is sick, someone close to him died or what not..

but given that he is all fine, and not replying, I'm afraid, he is just not that into you...

All the best Smile

I agree. If he was truly interested, you wouldn't have such a long period of silence.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Test messages don't always make it to their destination.

As such, he may have thought you lost interest...

A phone call and talking to a human being, not just leaving a message would resolve doubt.

Time to let it go and move on.

Text him once again and if this time he keeps quiet as well, it means he's not interested.

I think you`d better ask him. Maybe he got into trouble, or he lost your contact way, or he was dead(no offense), or he had some emergency, or he thought you had lost interest. Asking him and get the answer. Anyway, if he says he loses interests, you can be relieved. And if he still wants to keep in touch, you will be a lucky guy in love.

Anonymous Wrote:I was seeing this guy for 2 months...the last text I sent was on feb 12. since then, I haven't received any response.

I'm confused. You say you we're seeing him. But he's MIA because he hasn't texted you. Were you seeing him or texting him. If it was just texting, he no longer exists - at least not in your world. Either way, you have his phone number. Call & ask him.

Move along.........nothing to see here..........move along.....

You need to use the "3 day" period when dealing with seeing someone/dating.
If you have not heard from them in three days, move on.

If something came up, they would have contacted you.
(unless they are laying in a hospital bed - which isnt that likely)

If they liked you, you would have heard from them within 24 hours.

If they wanted to pursue anything with you, you would have heard from them within 24 hours.

Erase your contacts of him from your life, and move on.......cause you have just been played.

I agree with the rest, you have to keep flowing! enjoy the flirtation and the dating experience, play the game, laugh at the bad pick up attempts from some, and let yourself believe in the possibilities of the moment with the bad boys... you know the ones...

Its all FUN! let it take you with it! Eventually you will meet very special people along the way...

On a personal note...
So, I met a guy online and we hit it off right away, we met and spent the next 48 hours together before I flew away for the week... I tried (and succeeded) to enjoy my trip to the fullest, although I literally couldn't get his face/mouth/eyes/ the lot out of my head... well... point is, the idiot never emailed, called nor texted during the time I was gone... So I was becoming insane, luckily I was on a holiday! had I been at home I would have probably deleted his number or something...

I returned after my trip and there he was at my doorstep the very evening I returned... with a very bad black eye and a broken cheekbone... turns out he wen out for his birthday and fell flat on his drunk face and smashed it on the icy pavement... so much so that he went unconscious and woke up in a hospital 3 days later...

He sorta moved into my flat the very evening of my return, we lived in that flat for 6 months meanwhile we finished refurbishing a house we bought (and later sold) Now, its been a year and a half since we left the country where all that happened.