Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good news everybody...
Bob's kids were here and the assessor from the real estate office was here and after walking around Grey Gardens and assessing the house and the property solemnly informed the kids that this is a lot of work, and the daughter said 'Oh I know'.

Then they started talking about its assets and it was said that having someone living on the property is an asset.

Estimated amount of time before the property is sell able - Six months.

Mind, I knew all along tht there would be no way in hell to sell this property as it is... I live here I have seen the evil that lurks under the thin skin. So I knew that in order to sell this property they would have a lot of work to do....

And now they need to ask me - nicely, to stay... I wonder if Rod can be nice to 'the help'.... We shall see.... :tongue:

I also learned why I dislike these people, they are 'rich' with those rich ways you know bragging about what expensive places they eat at, which expensive hotels they have stayed at, which countries they have visited - small talk that reveals just how stuck up these folk are - how, you know, so 'We are better than thee because we have money'....

Speaking of money... I wonder just how much of that I can pry from their tight little fists for 'watching' the place and clean up and crap...

:biggrin: suck them dry...

I mean...

they owe you a decent payment. Start claiming!

I don't really know how much is enough money, tho..

Tinkles needs to make a suggestion

Well, let me say this is good news! I have been following (lurking really as usual) your story and I just hope all works out for you in the best way possible. Best of luck to you. You deserve it!

Well that is some good news...now I hope you've been brushing up on your finnagling skills dear.

That is awesome news!

In the time you have hopefully you can work something out... even if that means getting into city housing.

Something about the people you talk about just makes me cringe. They only visited or cared after the man's death about the things he owned... It's not right, no amount of money can fix that.

I'm happy that you've got a lot of time. And, with the economic recovery and people starting to become more frugal, they might not sell the house for a very long time. Definitely don't plan on it, but maybe they'll let you rent for a long time.

I hope the news from you stays good Smile

thumbs up!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Bob's kids were here and the assessor from the real estate office was here and after walking around Grey Gardens and assessing the house and the property solemnly informed the kids that this is a lot of work, and the daughter said 'Oh I know'.

Then they started talking about its assets and it was said that having someone living on the property is an asset.

Estimated amount of time before the property is sell able - Six months.

Mind, I knew all along tht there would be no way in hell to sell this property as it is... I live here I have seen the evil that lurks under the thin skin. So I knew that in order to sell this property they would have a lot of work to do....

And now they need to ask me - nicely, to stay... I wonder if Rod can be nice to 'the help'.... We shall see.... :tongue:

I also learned why I dislike these people, they are 'rich' with those rich ways you know bragging about what expensive places they eat at, which expensive hotels they have stayed at, which countries they have visited - small talk that reveals just how stuck up these folk are - how, you know, so 'We are better than thee because we have money'....

Speaking of money... I wonder just how much of that I can pry from their tight little fists for 'watching' the place and clean up and crap...

NO LESS than $2500 a month.
I would suggest $3000 a month as a starting point. PLUS expenses.

And thats just for lightly managing whats there. Anything that deals with manual labor, the cost goes up.

If there is a LOT of manual labor involved, such as cleaning out Bob's house and scraping the grime and crap out of it, repainting, etc......$4000 a month. PLUS expenses.

I need to know whats going to be expected of you in order to divine a price tactic.

AAAANNNNNNNDDDDD!!!!!!!! It MUST be on paper, signed and dated by both parties....and YOU keep the original in a safe place.

I can also make up a contract, but I have to know exact details to be able to do that, or you can find a contract form online and adjust it to your needs, or call a law office for advice.

This should help make up some of the cost you have had to put out on Bob's behalf, as well as put up with their shit. And also help you make enough to move someplace decent.

A cleaning and property management company would probably charge them $5000 a month for a basic rate, plus expenses.

Alternative--

Have them sign a contract for the exact duties you will be in charge of, and what you will be doing until the property is sold.........for one set price, paid in advance to you............plus expenses.

Now if only I had a 6'4" dominant man to actually come here and tell them what it he demands for his slave's labor.... Then it would be a perfect world.

I do prostitute better than pimp....

IDK, the Assessor gave them a lot of phone numbers, including landscaping... Thursday they want to walk around the property and make a list...

Once I find out what they want done, of if they want me to do more than just reside here I will let you know

Sounds like they are going to at least want a estate/property manager onsite overseeing and coordinating all the trades that need to come in. Unless of course one of them will be onsite 12 hours a day supervising ;-)

Get everything out of them you can Smile

ObW
X