Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catchphrase, GS-style !!
Do any of you remember the British Television Series "Catchphrase" ?

For those of you that don't, it was a game where two contestants would stand side-by-side and look at this MASSIVE television set with a computer character called "Mr Chips" on it (basically he was a smiley with arms and legs), and he would be doing things on-screen that you had to work out the catchphrase for ...

... so for example if it was him with a bird in his hand, and a bush to the side of him with two birds perched on it, the catchphrase would be "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush".

In an effort to get you boys (and girls) into using some of the site's emoticons more freely, I thought we could play catchphrase here !!

I'll start ...

Nice easy one this one (even though I'm not sure of the order) ...

Faga1.

Winner gets to do the next catchphrase ... and don't just wand the smiley for its text-equivalent - that might be misleading Wink.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:... I'll start ...

Nice easy one this one (even though I'm not sure of the order) ...

Faga1.

Winner gets to do the next catchphrase ... and don't just wand the smiley for its text-equivalent - that might be misleading Wink...
They don't have an appropriately simian appearance, but would that be the three wise (and strangely green) monkeys?
Speak no evil, hear no evil, see no evil.

As for order, I've always thought of it in reverse, but I've no idea if I'm right without looking it up.

What is "wanding" a smiley, please? Is it a good game for consenting adults? Rolleyes

marshlander Wrote:They don't have an appropriately simian appearance, but would that be the three wise (and strangely green) monkeys?
Speak no evil, hear no evil, see no evil.

As for order, I've always thought of it in reverse, but I've no idea if I'm right without looking it up.

What is "wanding" a smiley, please? Is it a good game for consenting adults? Rolleyes

you've obviously got this one right, you forgot to add your catchphrase quiz, hon...

princealbertofb Wrote:you've obviously got this one right, you forgot to add your catchphrase quiz, hon...

so we will all have to wait Cry

"Wanding" is the process of moving the mouse (using it like a wand) to hover over an item on-screen to see whether any text appears ... like a tool-tip or, in the case of a smiley, its keyboard shortcut alternative Confusedmile:.

... and your beau and fjp999 are right me duck - you won, so it's your turn Wink.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:"Wanding" is the process of moving the mouse (using it like a wand) to hover over an item on-screen to see whether any text appears ... like a tool-tip or, in the case of a smiley, its keyboard shortcut alternative Confusedmile:.
!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

learn something every day... thanks Shadz

Shadow Wrote:"Wanding" is the process of moving the mouse (using it like a wand) to hover over an item on-screen to see whether any text appears ... like a tool-tip or, in the case of a smiley, its keyboard shortcut alternative Confusedmile:.

... and your beau and fjp999 are right me duck - you won, so it's your turn Wink.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!
Ok, hope I've got the right idea. Haven't time to think of anything clever ... leaving for the station soon Confusedmile:

Right, what's this catchphrase

Cool Outtahere Cool ?

marshlander Wrote:Ok, hope I've got the right idea. Haven't time to think of anything clever ... leaving for the station soon Confusedmile:

Right, what's this catchphrase

Cool Outtahere Cool ?

Gotta Run. See Ya Later

Too cool for School ?

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:Too cool for School ?

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

That is exactly what I was thinking... but then thought, naah, can't be... so didn't post it up :redface: