Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if you won the lottery?
[SIZE="4"]Let's say you decided to play the lottery, or some kind of lottery game, for an extremely large amount of money....and you WON.

Let's say you won $5 million dollars.

[Image: helpyouwinthelottery-com-pile-of-money.jpg]

Aside from collecting the money and putting it into the bank, what would be the [COLOR="Purple"]FIRST thing you do with your new found wealth?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[Image: unusual-jobs-pay-well.jpg]

I would pay off all my, and my friends' bills.

Lots of money......

i dont know what to do.....

Maybe travel a lot...Book the best hotels...

Then, buy my house... start a business then save what's left.

Travel around the world.

First I call my attorney and have him move me into a hotel where their security people are alerted to my status. I have him deal with whichever lottery agent it is and make arrngements for the taxes to be paid so that whatever I recive is all mine. If i have to make the one mandatory appearance where I accept the check and, with my attorneys assistnce disappear. Probably to a tract home in a housig division many mile away. Give it six month while I decide which of my relatives I'll contact-and not in person-then decide what philanthropic deeds I'll do. Find a new place to live, live modestly under an assumed name. Tell the local police who I am and why I'm being incognito. They will understand. During those months I'll figure out what I really want and what it would be fun to have but I don't need. Probably buy a suite on the ship "The World" which spends all it's time going from place to place at the whim of the residents. Sign up for some things I've always wanted to do like spend a week in Iceland taking an extreme jeep tour of the waterfalls and the geysers. Go on an expedition SCUBA diving under the ice in the Antarctic. Lots of trips i've wanted to take, mainly trains. Moscow to Nice, Perth to Sydney, Singapore to Bangkok, Beijing to Mongolia. Avoid people and NEVER tell a soul I'd won one. That's first.

I'd put it in a savings account. I don't know if a 19 year old guy knows what to do with such money, so I'll just put it away and wait until I have enough maturity to use it. In the meantime, the bank will be paying me interest Smile

What I SHOULD do: Pay off my college, own a home, invest in diverse stocks, and save.

What I would more probably do: Pay for college, travel all over the world, purchase lots of audio equipment, buy another computer, go out to eat at Thai restaurants, buy fabulous pairs of skis, get a bunch of clothes (although I hate shopping), and move south to Minneapolis (I LOVE that city!!)

Stay silent...no one would know...nothing to see here.

All wealth does is bring people out of the wood work who therwise wouldn't care and you can only say 'get fucked' so many times before you start murdering.

Keep 1 mil too buy stuff for myelf now, pay off every single on of my families mortgage, and give m cousins 10k each.

the other 4 Million go into the market. Gotta make those big bucks...got money in the market now, I hope to use it when I retire in 40 something years lol

wow...you can pay off every family members mortgages AND give them 10 grand each.

The average mortgage in Australia is $350 000 so you would be struggling to pay off 3 mortgages.