Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Own Private Creation
[SIZE="4"]Everybody has something that they like, that is something significant, food wise, to them. Maybe your own little concoction of this and that, that might make others sick to their stomachs, but you love it.

Something that isn't found in restaurants or in the frozen food isle at the grocery store.[/SIZE]

Here are some examples:

I had one friend who would never eat a sandwich or burger unless it had at least 1 inch worth of mayo on it. Nothing else, just meat, bread and mayo.

I had another friend who likes pickle chips in his chocolate pudding.

I have my own personal recipe for Beenie Weenies....Pork n Beans, chopped up turkey weenies, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and a bit of ketchup.

[Image: beanie-weenie-lg.jpg]

Your Own Private Creation

And here I thought I could showcase all of those bodies I dug up and my latest attempts to build me a husband...

But no, its just another lousy food thread....

Look, I'm the guy who eats lettuce and mayonnaise sandwiches... That's is, a tiny bit of mayo, lots of lettuce on bread.

My husbear's newphew showed us the meaning of life when he treated us to a KF special.

Toast two slices of bread, put nutella on one and peanut butter on the other. Put them together and munch.

So innovative.. so wow.. that was actually the best I could come up with O_O

Everything I've made has just been various spins on recipes I'd found.
I'm not brave enough to throw things together like that.

I want to make a dish that uses mustard next, maybe I'll be adventurous with that...

Saying that, I used to have ketchup sandwiches when I was younger...they were pretty nice if I remember the taste right.

Loads of people who aren't from the islands(or who do not experience Curry often) don't seem to get the concept of Curry Goat, Curry Tuna, Curry Chicken and Rice , it's like... What do you guys spice up your life with? Lol I love making a Lil Curry Tuna and Crackers for a light snack Wink

Also, not something native/common to us, but something called Chicken Masala with Curry!
[Image: pepper+chicken+masala+two.jpg]

Dive in gurl! I love going to the Indian restaurant for some of this gurl! :p but a lot of people don't seem to like it :<

Oh, I had an Aunt who told me she loved onion sandwiches when she was younger.
Bread, butter, and sliced onions!!!

Imitation crab meat tacos. I've never understood why they have to pretend that alaskan pollock with red food coloring is anything but what it actually is, but I don't care. It's one of my go-to quickie meals. Break it up, throw it on a tortilla with some spinach and cheese (usually pepper jack) and some dijon mustard and nuke it, and it's fucking delicious. Fuck you. Fuck yeah. Fake crab

Steak cut into cubes and marinated in chili sauce with Siracha and then placed on skewers. Chicken marinated in soy sauce with sesame oil and skewered. Belle peppers and onions skewered. Grill all of them while sautéing mushrooms in a pan. Combine all into a tortilla with freshly graded mozzarella. Fold burrito in half and place into hot pain with just a coating of oil. Fry me up nice and hot to melt the cheese, and enjoy. They are flippin orgasmic.

Oh and sometimes I like to eat certain cereal with orange juice in stead of milk

I'm well known for my use of garlic and hot peppers and have to be careful when preparing food for others as well as myself as many people don't enjoy it as I do...some can't even eat it (though I was surprised when I found one person found even black pepper too hot).

I guess the most unusual thing is a split pea concoction I came up with one day while low on groceries. I heated a can of split pea with bacon, added black pepper and onion, sprinkled some Parmesan into it, and then added BANGKOK PADANG Peanut Sauce before putting in some Cool Ranch Doritos. I felt something was missing so then I put some Sriracha HOT chili sauce (everyone I know calls it "rooster sauce" because of the artwork of a rooster on it) and stirred it. It was so good that even though I was full after I wanted another bowl and wrote that recipe down to have again from time to time.

When coming up with healthy meals for myself, I chopped up a chicken breast a large potatoe, and a medium onion. put that in tinfoil then put A-1 and a little water in a glass and poured it over ^_^. wrapped it up and stuck in the oven.did that several times ^_^, potatoes first, then the cut up onion and then the chicken ^_^. Its great, easy, filling, pretty cheap, and low calorie ^_^ college student says yes! Big Grin