Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you complain about bad food ?
In a restaurant or cafe do you complain if you are served bad food, what do you say, how do you say it? At what point do you say it?

In the uk the trend is to not say anything and if your asked "How was your meal" you smile and say " that was lovely, thank you"

I myself have been inflicted with this national trait although if its really bad i will say something but then probably never go back, horrified by my actions.

So i was thinking of this because yesterday i had a lasagna that was the most misfortunate thing ive ever seen and just had about 1/4 just because it would be rude to leave a full plate then quietly left……stupid!

So regardless of how often you eat out, how do you deal with this ?

I never had bad food in a cafe, but it that happened I would definitely complain and I think that everyone should. If I pay for something then I want to have it at its best quality. I'm not ashamed to make a scandal and be rude if it's necessary.

I do not say anything because I do not want them to replace it. Cooks with ego problems will spit in your food...drop it on the floor...LOTS of other things.

I don't eat the food and I never return to the restaurant.

I don't really eat out, but when I did [or I happen to] I usually don't get
bad service.

I remember once, that I found a bunch of staplers from a Chinese take-out
place. I never ate there again.

But most of the time I would either get something on my plate that I didn't
order, or a wrong order entirely. I'd tell them I didn't order it or they got my
order wrong and they'd usually say they won't charge me for it or charge me
the same price as my orig order. So it works out, it's not bad food, just what I
didn't order, and I'm not a picky eater so I'd just stick with it.

I usually try to say something that is only half a lie, like, "Wow, I've never had anything quite like that before." Then I pay and run like hell.

I don't eat out much but one time I did I could smell I had been served expired stuff.

Didn't eat it, I did paid for it, gave a smile and then never returned to that place

East Wrote:I do not say anything because I do not want them to replace it. Cooks with ego problems will spit in your food...drop it on the floor...LOTS of other things.

I don't eat the food and I never return to the restaurant.

This is the main reason I never complain. I'm also not interested in a conflict, no matter how small it is. On the other hand, I rarely ever have bad food because I know what places to avoid. I do love exploring new locations though, which is the only chance this will happen. If I do get particularly bad food, I just don't eat all of my meal, don't tip well (if at all), and never come back. That's all I feel I really need to do.

If I don't get what I pay for, yes I complain but politely turn down a replacement meal. Sometimes you get a credit/refund or not charged for the meal, other times you just place an honest review on their facebook page.

What do you guys do when you find hair in your food?

Like I said, I hardly eat out anymore, but I remember years ago when
I ate at McDanks I found a curly hair in my chicken nuggets.

Yum.

synonymous Wrote:What do you guys do when you find hair in your food?

Like I said, I hardly eat out anymore, but I remember years ago when
I ate at McDanks I found a curly hair in my chicken nuggets.

Yum.

Eww... the last time that happened to me was at Pizza Hut, right in the middle of the pizza. I haven't been back in over a decade. That place sucks anyway.