Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I want.
I read this through someones blog and I had to share. [ciaranrr.blogspot]

"When I fall in love again, I don't want it to be the instant we lay eyes on each other. I want it to be gradual. I want to get to know you, really know you, and you, me. I want to understand each other on those deeper levels, knowing we can never learn everything about the other, because there is a lifetime to learn already, even as we build one together.

I want to miss you, but not when you're lying right beside me every night. I want to want you, but I want you to want me, too. I don't want to be your knight in shining armor, but to defend you when you need it nonetheless. I want to see you every day, but sometimes not. I want to be the center of your world, but never for you to forget that the rest of the world is there. I want to have adventures, sometimes together and sometimes not, so we always have something to say.

I want you to be intelligent and articulate, but not too serious. I want you to be creative, and passionate about the things you care about, but passionate about me, and the things I care about, too. I want to encourage each other in our arts and desires. I want you to know that just because I don't have a degree, it doesn't mean I'm unintelligent or uncultured.

I want to cook, if you'll clean, but not always. I want to do your laundry, and smell you in your clothes, but only if you'll do the same for me, too. I'll forgive you for singing off-key, if you'll forgive me for correcting your lyrics. I want to listen to Céline Dion all day, and you not to hate it. I want to buy you things, because I can, and I want to, and I don't want you to feel guilty if you can't return the favor. If you enjoy it, then it was worth the cost, and the balance of your bank account is unimportant.

I don't want to be in charge, but I want to know that my opinion matters to you. I want to make compromises, but never to compromise who I am, nor who you are. There should never be a tally of "wins" or "losses," just decisions we made together.

When we have sex, I don't want either of us to be in charge. I want us to go with the flow, with what feels good, or right, and let the control pass between us like the moon and the tides. I want to feel the swell of your breath, and know that I'm making you feel good, inside and out, because I know how to touch you just-so.

I want you to know that I'm often sad, but it's not your fault, and when those old horrors and pains and fears haunt my eyes, I want you to understand that I may need to be alone for a while, and when I call you, I'm ready. Then, I want you to hold me, and tell me things will be okay, or even that they won't. The truth from your lips as they're pressed against the back of my neck is more comfort than a thousand platitudes. And when old wounds haunt you instead, I want you to know that I'll do whatever you need me to. And if, sometimes, we are just holding each other in the darkness, because we are both sad from things that came years before we met each other, I want that to be okay.

I won't be a servant, but I can't be the world to you. We must be equals, if not in all things, then at least in ways that strike a balance. I want less give-and-take, and more freely-offered-and-openly-accepted. I want a partner."

Forgive-me-smiley:crying-and-sorry-li

I...its... Omg :crying-and-sorry-li

Its so prettyful and I can't even deal. Its what's on like every bitches mind :< its so emotional...omg. Here comes the tears. Msn-slapping dangit it Bry! Lol

I know, he's one of my Instagram followers.

I read it this morning and was like, "Yeah.. This."

Smile

synonymous Wrote:I know, he's one of my Instagram followers.

I read it this morning and was like, "Yeah.. This."

Smile

Omg your on Insta bitch? xD I know you was exhibiting your sexy pino-osity else where! :p

But yeah, I was just like... Well damn, that sounds like something I'd say or think.

Forgive-me-smiley

Wow. Yeah, that sums up the thoughts of multitudes of people. Very well stated.

Love don't work that way. Sorry.

I want this…

" I want to be the centre of your world but never for you to forget that the rest of the world is there"

Where is it!?

And that's why so many people are single.

Love is messy, and unequal, and broken and it hurts - hurts long and deep and oh so good.

And no, you can't be an equal to your partner - someone has to take up leadership and some one has to follow - sure he can lead in places he is strongest and you can lead in places are you are strongest. But two leaders get nothing done because they are fighting and two followers get nothing done because both are waiting for the other to lead.

Love doesn't take place on a schedule, and its rarely slow, its fast, hard, and walks up from behind and hits you over the head hard and repeatedly, bashing your brains out of your head leaving you with nothing but feelings - sticky, gooey, logic defying feelings.

Love is a disease, it steals your sanity, it leaves you helpless, hopeless and if you are lucky irretrievably needful for the person you love while they are just as helpless, and hopeless and irretrievable as you are.

I pity the fool that things that they can control love in any measure. You can't - that is why its called FALL in love - because honey, just like gravity, once it takes over you are helpless to stop it until you hit the ground at terminal velocity - and yeah, that sudden stop at the end kills ya just like the ground kills ya if you leap off a high enough structure.

Ain't love grand?

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Love don't work that way. Sorry.

I know what you mean but some of it is possible though i was wondering how old the person was cause in 10 years the list might be a little shorter… or longer and it will be a very lonely person.