Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do so many condemn or dislike bisexuality?
I have never and still do not see any problem with bisexiality, here and on other forums people are confused by it or do not understand it thus think it's a myth, but just because you think something is confusing doesn't mean it can't exist, I don't understand math at all, doesn't mean math doesn't exist.

Someone on a dating website who was bi asked me if I found it a problem and when I said ''should it? Because I can't really see why it would be Confused'' he was shocked.

so all in all why so much dislike for bisexual people?

i think part of it comes from many people (gay or straight , whatever) not believing that it exists.
many people come out as bisexual before finally coming out as totally gay. which obviously means no one is really bi - they're just not ready to come out yet.

which is bullshit , i know . there are many genuinely bisexual people in the world . but this attitude seems to be one of the biggest "biphobic" arguments i've seen.

also a general view of bisexual people as being promiscuous or more likely to cheat . which is also wrong - cheating happens because someone cheated , not because they happen to be of a particular sexual orientation . but apparently being attracted to more than one gender means you're more likely to ? ugh , i hate that attitude so much >___<

biphobia is just as wrong as homophobia

Well as a bisexual you can choose from more people so maybe people more quickly think they cheat because they have allot of choise.

Though what you said is correct, a cheater is a cheater regardless of sexual orientation

Its "maths" not "math"…

Ummm, i dont really care but probably there’s more bi than gay people in the world.

Umm i prefer gay guys, bi guys have a habit or treating you like a girl and the boyfriend i had who was bi was the worst human being.

havikryan Wrote:Well as a bisexual you can choose from more people so maybe people more quickly think they cheat because they have allot of choise.

Though what you said is correct, a cheater is a cheater regardless of sexual orientation

not really
someone who is bisexual isn't attracted to all men and all women , so their "choices" are just as limited as someone who is gay or straight . they're limited to the people they're attracted to and the people in that group who are attracted to them too , just like with gay / straight people.

and even if they have more choice in terms of gender , that doesn't mean anything . someone who is bisexual is perfectly capable of being committed and monogamous . a person who cheats lacks willpower and loyalty , and can be any sexual orientation at all.

if you're in a relationship , you don't run off and sleep with anyone you see who you find attractive . most people , regardless of sexuality , will be able to appreciate an attractive person without betraying their girlfriend / boyfriend / etc by cheating on them.

i've also heard a lot of gay men say that they wouldn't date a bisexual man because if he left them for a woman it would be much worse than if he left them for another man . which is something i won't ever understand .

Well... It's a little more difficult to understand, and the extra choices they have make many people think of cheating. Also, some bisexuals will get close to gay people and then turn around and be like "LOLJK #NOTGAY (or bi)".

There are more but those are what I see most often. To be honest, I was jealous and a little angry with bisexuals because of the last point I put.

But that's just a prejudice and a stereotype. And we can't expect people to accept us as gay if we're going to turn around and not accept bisexual people.

havikryan Wrote:Well as a bisexual you can choose from more people so maybe people more quickly think they cheat because they have allot of choise.

Just because I have a lot more choice doesn't mean I'm incapable to stick with only one person. If I'm in love I'm in love, and I'll be faithful until the end.

Quote:someone who is bisexual isn't attracted to all men and all women , so their "choices" are just as limited as someone who is gay or straight . they're limited to the people they're attracted to and the people in that group who are attracted to them too , just like with gay / straight people.

and even if they have more choice in terms of gender , that doesn't mean anything . someone who is bisexual is perfectly capable of being committed and monogamous

THAT. I love your comments, seriously Smile

And also, if bisexuality doesn't really exist, how come I spent 19 years of my life dating girls not feeling like I was hiding something or living a lie? Good relationships and I was committed to them. I happen to be dating a guy now and I'm just as happy.

Bravo Wrote:Just because I have a lot more choice doesn't mean I'm incapable to stick with only one person. If I'm in love I'm in love, and I'll be faithful until the end.

And also, if bisexuality doesn't really exist, how come I spent 19 years of my life dating girls not feeling like I was hiding something or living a lie? Good relationships and I was committed to them. I happen to be dating a guy now and I'm just as happy.
My apologies, I never ment you could't be faithfull, what migemu said is what I tried to say but failed misserably apparently.

Bravo Wrote:Just because I have a lot more choice doesn't mean I'm incapable to stick with only one person. If I'm in love I'm in love, and I'll be faithful until the end.

My apologies, I never ment you could't be faithfull, what migemu said is what I tried to say but failed misserably apparently.

Edit: sorry for double post, am on phone so don't know how to delete it

I only understand what I can feel or atleast kinda of explain. Bisexuality I cannot feel and I certainly cannot explain it.
I really really really have nothing against bisexuals..
Not understanding is not the same as condemning or disliking. I like to make it known that I do not understand it, just so that maybe somebody will say something that will finally make it snap in my head, so that I can finally understand it. The shades that Woolly (atleast I think it was woolly) showed me with a picture on another thread helped, but it didn't really complete the puzzle.

Today, in class, I heard a discussions going on about no guys being bisexual. I scoffed, cause I know it to be untrue. But as I'm a shy kind of introvert little chaser I didn't interject myself into the conversation by shouting across the class room. The discussion continued into threesomes, which was very amusing.