Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientology!
What do you think of the religion Scientology.

I think it disgusting, when i hear scientologists speaking i want to throw pebbles at them, i mean seriously WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?!?

This is a religion that was invented, dreamed up, right before our very eyes, it knows its not real, it means NOTHING AT ALL.

I dont care if its harmless or if they dont hurt anyone, its a diabolical lie, it makes me feel queezy

IF IT DOESNT CONCERN YOU, YOU ARE NOT CONCERNED WITH TRUTH

Talk… though maybe think before you talk.

[Image: dene9aza.jpg][Image: pavera2e.jpg]

partis Wrote:What do you think of the religion Scientology.

I think it disgusting, when i hear scientologists speaking i want to throw pebbles at them, i mean seriously WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?!?

This is a religion that was invented, dreamed up, right before our very eyes, it knows its not real, it means NOTHING AT ALL.

I dont care if its harmless or if they dont hurt anyone, its a diabolical lie, it makes me feel queezy

IF IT DOESNT CONCERN YOU, YOU ARE NOT CONCERNED WITH TRUTH

Talk… though maybe think before you talk.

Welp the same could be said with all religion.

No its not, im not talking about what it does but what it is.

At least it seems there was a guy called jesus and there was a guy called mohammed etc…

its a cult.

religion is the worship of a deity, not money.

So much has been said about scientology, I honestly don't know what to think.

It looks suspicious and those guys definitely love money - on my last trip to London, I passed by their impressive headquarters in London, it's a true cathedral. I didn't go in though, I have no interest whatsoever in scientology.

You can find on YouTube several episodes from BBC Panorama denouncing scientology and their alleged fear tactics.

On the other hand, I find it strange that Tom Cruise and so many intelligent people support them so fiercely.

And they're huge in England. Brits are always so lucid and shrewd, would the authorities allow this to grow if it were a criminal organisation? I have no idea!

Actually, it's not really harmless. There have been divorces, including a celebrity divorce, over it.

When a divorce happens the entire scientology community will "shun the non-believer".

Not so great for the children involved.

Women have also been forced into abortions by scientology.

Also, they have an official policy called "attack the attacker", in which they will...
  1. Spot who is attacking (criticising or investigating) them
  2. Investigate them for felonies or worse
  3. Say "We welcome this investigation"
  4. Promply release lurid, blood, sex, crime with actual evidence about attackers to the media.

They've also committed and are being investigated for many, many crimes, some directly related to the above process.

They're also accused of brainwashing their members. And to be honest, I believe they do this to all of their members, because how else are you supposed to convince someone that you're telepathic and possess various supernatural powers?

Lastly; there's the very valid theory that scientology exists only to make money for its creator and heads.

I don't like scientology much at all. I have friends that will happily say, "Scientology is such a progressive religion", while sipping their starbucks tea, and that's when I tell them all of that ^^^^.

Ugh.. The world I live in doesn't really have room for religion. For all I care, you can believe in whatever-the-truck, as long as you don't hurt anybody, but when it comes down to it, I only care about the physics and chemistry and how that sums up the universe. Mostly in regards to the making of medicine and its mechanism; I study pharmacy.
I feel about religion and faith as I do about bisexuality; I just don't understand how anybody can feel that way, but accept and respect your right to do so.

[Image: christianity.jpg.gif]

Just saying, Christianity, like many other religions, don't make sense, especially when taken literally. Just because that some of the people mentioned in the Bible (probably including Jesus) existed doesn't mean they were anything as described in the Bible, and it certainly doesn't make the really bizarre stuff less bizarre than Scientology.

I'll grant that Scientology is particularly toxic and cult-like, though that's not unique to them, just that you're pretty much sure to get the extreme cult treatment (assuming you have enough money or other influence to interest them) whereas with many other religions you only MIGHT get the toxic cult treatment.

Pix Wrote:[...]
Just saying, Christianity, like many other religions, don't make sense, especially when taken literally. [...]

You raise an interesting question here: should the Bible be taken literally? I have no idea, it is an extremely complex issue and even Christian theologians don't agree on this (and they probably never will).

As for the comparison between Christianity and scientology, it is completely absurd.

One fundamental difference between them is secrecy: the Catholic church is the most transparent institution in the world, anyone can freely attend Sunday church and access the word of God. The #1 goal of our religion is precisely that: to make the word of God as widespread and universal as possible. There are no fees, no enrollment, no fine print, Catholics have nothing to hide. Scientologists, by the contrary, are as elusive as any other secret society (I'm not saying they're evil or anything but that sure doesn't help their credibility).

The disgusting part for me is that I liked some of the famous people who came to follow Scientology and those that left after a time still have my love and respect. I guess I'm mourning the loss of my fantasy for Tom Cruise. Now he's just an artist whose work I can admire if I so choose. MUCH different from the lustful affection I once entertained for him. Sad
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart