Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why so many deleted accounts
I see a lot of people deleting their profiles. Very popular people. I do not know what to think about that.

Don't try. Some come back with other IDs, not sure if you can return with a previously deleted one. The reasons are so varied it's hard to get a pattern. I do miss Dfiant though. If I get sick of GS I go away and come back when I'm ready. So I personally don't get deleted profiles... But then I am invested in my profile and make it part of my home. Love to all. Peace to all! Remybussi
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I've already made my statement about this. At least you all know I won't be deleting mine now (even if I completely agree with some things deleters have said lately).

I've missed messages from deleters so I have no clue. But I've seen others mourn and complain. It's not fun to lose GS friends if you've established your friendship based on the profile.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I think I joined first in 2009 or 2010 . I was eastofeden and I got in a fight with a Bible Thumpin' Admitted Child Molestor who molested his son and blamed his son's wife for his son having a problem with it and left . I felt dirty even talking to him. Life is too short to spend time with a man like that.

I came back as East and left again as I got disgusted by someone with some name of a color user ID and couldn't take it anymore watching his nonsense unfold. I told Andy why I was leaving. Apparently...he was exactly the person I thought he was from the first post I saw of his. Again...life is too short...

Now I am East again but I rarely post. Most of the people I used to post with are gone or rarely show up but I think this is a nice board .

The reason people leave is all because the lady loves milktray!

Not been on this site long,but it seems like a revolving door people coming and going all the time.

If people want to leave its there choice, there could be so many reasons, sometimes i feel sad though with people i liked and i dont understand leaving and saying its because of this or that person so they leave there other friends.

I deleted my account a few times and still get an inkling to do it again sometimes but just take myself away

Id rather everybody stay

And im not into this "blaming other people" or saying GS is not as good anymore, its as good as you make it and rather mean-spirited to say it, there’s good and bad days and ive been taken back to ancient threads and seem similiar crap.

Also its only the internet, write a book! lol.

Smile

All boards have the same thing. The dynamics of a board change all the time and so do the people.

I worked in a gay bar for 20 years and it was the same thing. If you looked at the regulars and took a snapshot every six months you would see a small change and then a gradual change and then an almost complete change every couple of years.

It isn't that much different than anything else in life. People come in and out of our lives all the time.

The secret is to enjoy the moments you have...when you have them...because it is the only thing you can count on.

East Wrote:I think I joined first in 2009 or 2010 . I was eastofeden and I got in a fight with a Bible Thumpin' Admitted Child Molestor who molested his son and blamed his son's wife for his son having a problem with it and left . I felt dirty even talking to him. Life is too short to spend time with a man like that.

I came back as East and left again as I got disgusted by someone with some name of a color user ID and couldn't take it anymore watching his nonsense unfold. I told Andy why I was leaving. Apparently...he was exactly the person I thought he was from the first post I saw of his. Again...life is too short...

Now I am East again but I rarely post. Most of the people I used to post with are gone or rarely show up but I think this is a nice board .

I remember EastofEden! Wavey Glad to find out who you were. Tongue3 I agree...there are better ways to deal with problems on GS than deleting. It's like life and suicide. You can report why you are going away in hopes that if and when you return your concern will be resolved. Ask for help from GS membership on concerns about problems with GS and you can always block a GS member (I think) to avoid "direct" interactions. But to kill yourself...uh...profile is not really good if you are leaving so many others without letting them all weigh in on the decision first. If I ever want to delete I promise to always give everyone at GS the chance to help me first. GS is often a help forum so I realize I have to endure incessant complaining and whining now and again and I have to choose to be a part of the effort to heal/repair/grieve or go the hell away until I can be present in a positive way. While I'm away my profile is still there for those who really want to continue the friendship.Yllove