Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fatigue
Does anyone else suffer from occasional fatigue? Or constant fatigue even? I get it sometimes. Even when I've slept for about 6-7 hours during the night I sometimes fall asleep on the Tube coming home (yeah, even on clapped out, crowded old trains I conk out!). Also during the day I can feel really tired (its worse in hot, stuffy weather) and I start to feel sleepy at my desk. I am concerned that one day one of my managers is going to comment on it! I'd rather that didn't happen!

So how do you battle fatigue effectively? Any ideas?

I think you should see a doctor. A young person like you shouldn't feel sleepy so often.

Go check online for effective exercise and diet. I have diabetes... before that I was hypoglycemic, but it switched. Since I'm 11 years old I have been living with great fatigue. As a teenager, I would often doze up in class. Doze off on the bus on my way back home from school or if I don't keep myself active and fuel myself with energetic food (not energy drinks) I will fall asleep pretty much anywhere. And not always in the best position either. I can sleep standing (that gives you how powerful it can be.)

The secret to combating fatigue is regular exercise (do not over do it) and a proper diet. Three meals a day is a myth, you can in fact have several meals a day in small quantity as long that during the day you have a full plate. I eat 5 times a day, exercise at least 30 minutes every day (could be just stretching) and have hardcore exercising three times a week (normally when I teach martial arts).

Do acknowledge however that fatigue is the symptom of many illness such as; diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, anemia , and sleep apnea (that's when you feel so tired but you can't sleep). Talk to your doctor if you feel unusually tired.

Revise your eating habits and lifestyle... You will definitely find out what cause so much fatigues and gradually work on it... Don't start exercising like a nutbar thinking that your energy will come back in a flash it may do the very opposite.

Let me know if you have question, I'm not a dietitian, but due to my illness, I did developed lots of tricks to stay awake (very useful when driving LOL)

Tulloni Wrote:Does anyone else suffer from occasional fatigue? Or constant fatigue even? I get it sometimes. Even when I've slept for about 6-7 hours during the night I sometimes fall asleep on the Tube coming home (yeah, even on clapped out, crowded old trains I conk out!). Also during the day I can feel really tired (its worse in hot, stuffy weather) and I start to feel sleepy at my desk. I am concerned that one day one of my managers is going to comment on it! I'd rather that didn't happen!

So how do you battle fatigue effectively? Any ideas?

A pattern of lab data will expose the etiology if it is biological.
If not, I'd explore environmental and emotional matters strategically (as in write it all down so you can track).
Diet, rest and exercise have direct effects and are VERY different person to person.
Emotional concerns can be totally UNKNOWN and still have an impact.
I've known cases where light therapy has helped and for myself personally I discovered I was diabetic and didn't even have a clue! Insulin changed everything and gave me my life back.
BEST wishes dear!! Remybussi
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Heed the advice of the others; go see a doctor and get a blood panel. Chronic fatigue is a well-understood, treatable syndrome. It could be an iron deficiency, B12 deficiency, or low testosterone. All of those things are easy to treat, but you've got to get some blood work so the doc can pinpoint the exact cause and create a suitable treatment plan. Allowing chronic fatigue to persist untreated can lead to further, more serious problems, so you should address it as soon as possible.

My best advice is that you not seek medical advice from a bunch of random queers and go ask a professional....

Uh-oh... a paradox!

Wade Wrote:My best advice is that you not seek medical advice from a bunch of random queers and go ask a professional....

Uh-oh... a paradox!

Don't be mean. We are not random. Xyxthumbs
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

CCRox Wrote:Don't be mean. We are not random. Xyxthumbs

.... CHICKEN SNUGGLE COFFIN CAKE!!!! Smileydies

*ahem* Speak for yourself.

Wade Wrote:.... CHICKEN SNUGGLE COFFIN CAKE!!!! Smileydies

*ahem* Speak for yourself.

pfffffffft

I have that same problem, I'm starting to eat healthier and exercise so hopefully it will change (I don't have time to take off yet to see a doctorSad ) hopefully I'll see results soon, today I fell a sleep right after I got home with my tablet in my hand typing in the gs web address :redface:
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]