Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welsh Language
Can any of the Welsh or non Welsh members speak any Welsh? I only know the basics. The welsh accent is lovely to listen to.
An eye for an eye

Again like you I only know the basics.. However saying that if someone speaks to me in Welsh then I can understand them which is a bit odd.. Just don't know how to reply. Also with you being from the north and me being south we both have a slightly different version of Welsh so we would struggle haha.

I wish I knew how to speak Welsh it seems like something to be proud of, and the fact the language is apparently dying annoys me. I live in Cardiff which I'm sure you already know is the capital of Wales and the amount of support for the Welsh language sucks! It should be so much more focus on people getting to know it then there is.

I think its definitely something I want to learn over the next few years though.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Wait, Wales is real?? O_O

I thought it was like Narnia, or Hogwarts, or something. Smile

yourname Wrote:Wait, Wales is real?? O_O

I thought it was like Narnia, or Hogwarts, or something. Smile

Like Canadia really exists. Luvkiss

showme Wrote:Like Canadia really exists. Luvkiss
Just for that, we're making you keep Bieber.

Haven't a word of it, but the Welsh sing like angels. How could such sound be allowed to die?
I bid NO Trump!

Ok, How do you say "How are you?'' in welsh?

It's sad that languages and cultures are becoming extinct. I live in Hawaii and the desire to keep the culture thriving is very strong. I appreciate greatly being able to observe the beauty of the Polynesian people through their beautiful languages, warmth, and hypnotic dancing (I can't get enough hula!) But I also see many that don't embrace their heritage except when saying that they want the haoles (pronounced how-lees and refers to outsiders) out of Hawaii.

I hope that there are groups in Wales that seek to preserve your culture and work to make it strong. Best of luck!

ddd Wrote:Ok, How do you say "How are you?'' in welsh?

Sut wyt ti?
[/COLOR]

Part of Harry Potter was filmed in Wales so maybe we do have Hogwarts somewhere!

There are plenty of people fighting to keep the Welsh language going so theres no worries about that really its more about the young in my eyes they should be made to learn Welsh without having a choice haha.
[/COLOR]