Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW - GS Interview - AlohaS
Hello GS members!

It's time to start the new round of interviewing GS members who offer to answer the questions posed!

Our first new thread is all about AlohaS.

So let's post up, and ask him our questions! Smile
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Woohoo! I'm ready!

We know from your picture that you're in the armed forces.

When did you decide to enlist?

How long have you been in the forces?

With the repeal of DADT (Don't Ask, Don't Tell) have you come out to anyone you served with? Can you see a big difference before the repeal, compared to now?
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

CellarDweller Wrote:We know from your picture that you're in the armed forces.

When did you decide to enlist?

How long have you been in the forces?

With the repeal of DADT (Don't Ask, Don't Tell) have you come out to anyone you served with? Can you see a big difference before the repeal, compared to now?

I first joined the Army National guard WAYYY back in December 1993 right after I turned 17. I went to basic training the summer between my junior and senior years of high school. I thought I was pretty tough until I got beat up in a mall days after graduation. That deflated my ego a bit. Smile

I went active duty in 1996, had a short break in service, and just hit the 20 year mark of service last December. I need to do a minimum of 18 more months of active service before I can retire.

To be honest, I haven't seen the DADT repeal change anything. I think the stigma still exists so gays in the military are still tentative about being openly gay. I've seen a couple here and there but not many.

Had to edit this post as I missed a question. I have not come out to anyone I've served with yet. But I'm guessing it won't be much of a surprise as my ex told me a couple of her friends told her "I KNEW IT!"

Hi AlohaS,

How do you want your ideal soulmate to be? Smile (His personality, character etc.)

bluedragon Wrote:Hi AlohaS,

How do you want your ideal soulmate to be? Smile (His personality, character etc.)

That's a tough one! I want my soulmate to be witty, intelligent, humorous, unconditionally accepting of me and my past, comfortable with who he is and proud to have me on his arm.

I would like him to share in my interests such as the orchestra, musicals, movies, hiking and being outdoors, a great cup of coffee, obscure places to eat, and is part of a community.

I want him to be loving and run his fingers through my hair as I lay my head on his chest, enjoy cuddling, is gentle, and romantic.

More than anything I want to be able to look into his eyes and feel a connection to him deep down in my soul. I want to feel like our spirits connect on a level that transcends a physical or emotional level. I want a unity that can be felt when our eyes lock and I get butterflies in my tummy every time he enters the room.

I don't want much, do I? Wink

[SIZE="4"]First i wanna say Thanks for serving and protecting us.

Was you born in hawaii and how long you been there?

Also ive never been there which island would you recommend to visit>[/SIZE]

austin Wrote:[SIZE="4"]First i wanna say Thanks for serving and protecting us.

Was you born in hawaii and how long you been there?

Also ive never been there which island would you recommend to visit>[/SIZE]

I was born in South Dakota, moved to Minnesota at the age of 12, and have lived in Hawaii (island of Oahu) for almost 4 years.

I'd tell anyone if they came to Hawaii to go to Maui or the big island...unless of course the visitor was coming to specifically see ME! Lol.

AlohaS, there's a very cool pic of you playing the violin. How long have you played, and what kind of music do you like to play?

-intrigued

meninlove Wrote:AlohaS, there's a very cool pic of you playing the violin. How long have you played, and what kind of music do you like to play?

-intrigued

I started playing in 4th grade and had to switch to the trumpet in 6th grade since I changed schools to one that did not have orchestra. I started up again about 8 years ago or so but could not practice regularly so I stopped. I started up yet again about a year ago. I pretty much only play classical music since that's what most teachers use for students. Though I love playing classical music, I look forward to the day when I can play Irish jigs.