Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monogamous relationship
Do you think its possible for gay guys to be in a monogamous relationship? Or is it just not practical? Watching everything happening around me makes me have this doubt....

Yeah, why not... Just like straight monogamous relationships, gay guys can have one unique partner. After all, love is love right ? But only if it's the LOVE of their life... Wink

My BF and I have been in a monogamous relationship for 6 years - so yes, it's possible. It isn't always easy - especially if you're into the flirtatious "gay club scene" (we aren't anymore) - there are always temptations. It comes down to deciding what's really important to you. And honest communication is the most important thing. We both feel that momentary satisfaction isn't worth the potential consequence of destroying what we have.

28 years of monogamy here - not that I haven't - to use Jimmy Carter's words - "lusted in my heart" and other body parts. But yes, it is possible, and it's just one possible path many couples choose to take in their relationship.

Generalisations never apply to anything anywhere.

We were monogamous for 6 years before we went open.

Choice was mutual, both were good.

Me and I my squirt-buddy didn't ever say "okay, no cheating!"
We just each lost all interest in sex with anyone else but each other and monogamy just happened.
Now it's been 4 years and 10 months.
Back then he complained I was being possessive and trying to own him....
NOW guess who's possessive and brags about owning who????
well, as far as I'm concerned he does, he can and I'm fine with it.

We've pretty much figured out that we're monogamous because the "us" is bigger and more important than the "him" and "me". "Him" and "me" are just happy employees of the "Us" company which treats "him" and "me" real nice.

We theorize that couples that aren't monogamous never really develop an enormous sense of "us" like we have and still do things that are for the "him" and the "me". Not saying anything bad about them tho. What makes any couple happy is their thing

Yes, it's possible. I could never cheat my partner. If you want to date the whole world, then why be in relationship with someone? Be single and f*ck whoever you want.

Life long monogamy is not the natural thing for humans. Serial monogamy, meaning many short term monogamous relationships are more natural to humans.

My observations on life include that anything is possible, however we are not likely to see the repeal of the law of gravity anytime soon. And that the likelihood that any man I may show interest will be into total monogamy is directly proportional to my interest. This means that the more interested I am, the less likely he is able to do monogamy.

Yes, Anonymous, it's very possible.