Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Spanish speakers
Can anyone see what's wrong with this?:

https://es.noticias.yahoo.com/video/el-p....html?vp=1
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Im a native spanish speaker but I don't see anything wrong with that, just some boring info about art or something.

David3K: "El Greco" is the name by which Doménikos Theotokópoulos was known and thus it should be "...homenaje a El Greco" and not "...homenaje al Greco". It is a grammatical mistake just as if I had written to the newspaper called "El País" and said: "He escrito al País" instead of "He escrito a El País". The first would mean "I have written to the 'Country'" instead of "I have written to 'The Country'".

LONDONER Wrote:David3K: "El Greco" is the name by which Doménikos Theotokópoulos was known and thus it should be "...homenaje a El Greco" and not "...homenaje al Greco". It is a grammatical mistake just as if I had written to the newspaper called "El País" and said: "He escrito al País" instead of "He escrito a El País". The first would mean "I have written to the 'Country'" instead of "I have written to 'The Country'".

The example you gave its not quite the same, but yeah I know what you mean, and it's a grammar mistake indeed, but to be honest only people who knows about El Greco would notice/care about that. I dont think its a big of a deal, though yeah if youre into art you might be pissed.

David3K Wrote:The example you gave its not quite the same, but yeah I know what you mean, and it's a grammar mistake indeed, but to be honest only people who knows about El Greco would notice/care about that. I dont think its a big of a deal, though yeah if youre into art you might be pissed.

No, I'm in to correct grammar. Art too.

Well as we like to say:
This is America - we speak english here!

:tongue:

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Well as we like to say:

Bowyn Aerrow, you may be in America but there are people from all over the world who use GS including those who speak Spanish from the USA and South America.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Well as we like to say:

:tongue:

Unless you call for local county social services, etc where you must clarify you're call needs to be English to understand. Sagrin
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

LONDONER Wrote:Bowyn Aerrow, you may be in America but there are people from all over the world who use GS including those who speak Spanish from the USA and South America.

For a man who hits the forum with so many jokes and what not, one would think that surely you would know what I said was a joke.

CCRox Wrote:Unless you call for local county social services, etc where you must clarify you're call needs to be English to understand. Sagrin

I presume that you mean "your" and not "you're" which is a contraction of "you are".