Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need facts!
Well I need facts about homosexuality, like, for example that a person. Is born like that and can't change , how is one born like that ( at least theories) made by real life Scientifics or colleges or academies. PLEASE HELP! I want to argue with an ignorant physiology that thinks that can change me. ( See the whole story in "Coming out " part)
I will be so thankful for any help!

Here's a great video from National Geographic to give you insight from SCIENCE about what determines whether a person is gay or not.

Here's Richard Dawkins talking theories of how the gay gene has been preserved so long

As far as arguing with any ignorant bastard who thinks they can change gays into straights... tell him to use his voodoo powers to turn a straight person gay and you'll believe him.

There's no such thing as an accredited psychologist who practices sex conversion therapy. It's all bullshit so don't even waste your time and energy arguing with the idiot.

If you need anything else, PM me and I'll do it.

I don't believe in a gay gene, because a larger part of my wider family would be gay if it was genetics. My personal theory is that it is a mix, in the sense that gene A triggers homosexual desires as a response to social factor A if it occurs in the right (pubecent) timeframe.

But a psychologist can probably brainwash you, which will damage either your life or atleast you sexlife for the rest of your life. Be confident and follow your desires. Oh and be safe!!

While there is a genetic component involved, a genetic predisposition, there are so many factors involved from genetics, to the chemical and hormone balance in the womb, to environmental factors growing up, that contribute to a person's sexuality period. Being gay is no more genetic than being straight or bi. If you want to study the innate factors of homosexuality, you have to study sexuality and not take a biased view that being heterosexual is normal simply because society says so. Don't confuse the need to procreate with the need to express love, desire, lust, passion and romance.

If any of that makes sense. Ramble at times.

Lots of theories on the about what causes homosexuality but nothing concrete has been decided on yet, the truth scientists do not know what even causes heterosexuality.

Homosexuality runs much deeper than just physical attraction to someone, it runs though your entire being.

One thing is clear it is not a CHOICE and you cannot CHANGE it.

The OP was pretty specific about wanting and needing Facts guys....

Just saying......

When I need facts, the first place I go is internet forums! You never get unfounded opinions from unqualified people there!

But there are no solid facts if someone is born gay. There are no solid facts on someone being born straight for that matter...so it's kind of moot.

If someone is going to argue that being gay is something you can change, then ask them if being straight is genetic and if being straight is something you can change.....

Quote:The relationship between biology and sexual orientation is a subject of research. A simple and singular determinant for sexual orientation has not been conclusively demonstrated; various studies point to different, even conflicting positions, but scientists hypothesize that a combination of genetic, hormonal and social factors determine sexual orientation.[1][2] Biological theories for explaining the causes of sexual orientation are more popular,[1] and biological factors may involve a complex interplay of genetic factors and the early uterine environment.[3] These factors, which may be related to the development of a heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or asexual orientation, include genes, prenatal hormones, and brain structure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and...rientation

Everything about it is bullshit right now. Theories are nothing, you can believe them or not, but there's not a single scientific proved facts about homosexuality genes or something.