Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Wheelchair user
Hi all oldie but goodie wheely driver looking to meet new friends maybe morePengy

Hello ronnie. Welcome to GS!Wavey
[Image: muscular_guy_in_drag_pushes_gun_toting_g...120506.jpg]

Hey Ronnie! Welcome to GS!Xyxthumbs

Ronnie --- I'm going to remember you so I can remember to double check any possible 2nd meanings to anything I say when you're around. In the past 3 years I've said five things to people in wheelchairs that I didn't intend to be funny or mean but I couldn't stop other people's ears from hearing what they thought I meant. All times the guys in wheelchairs cracked up over it --- the people around us wanted to beat me --- and I felt so bad if I could have gotten a stick I'd have beat myself with it.

So.... if I say something wrong I apologize in advance and know that more than likely it was all just me saying one thing that would have been fine if a person in a wheelchair wasn't there at the time.... and I feel like I've just dug a hole I can't get out of by writing this. I hope you understand what I'm trying to get at... just some normal everyday words in normal everyday conversation take on a second meaning depending on who's present when they're said.... and I'm the world's biggest dummass at stuff like that.

If you took your finger out of your nose, perhaps it would relieve the pressure on your brain and you would stop making crude jokes about wheel chair bound people... And of course the blind, the deaf, and all other crippled and retarded peoples... Erm, I mean 'disabled individuals'...

BTW I can use cripple - I are one.

My neighbor often screams 'If that Fucking Cripple next door can mow the lawns so can YOU!' at her husband.... Its her little motivation to get him out there to mow their lawn (weeds actually, the grass died long ago).

Oh and Welcome to the new guy.... sorry Memechose derailed the conversation (its the finger in the nose, too much pressure on the brain).

Welcome along Ronnie Welcome
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Welcome to gs, I am sure you will make many friends on here Smile

Hi welcome to GS. Smile
An eye for an eye

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:If you took your finger out of your nose, perhaps it would relieve the pressure on your brain and you would stop making crude jokes about wheel chair bound people... And of course the blind, the deaf, and all other crippled and retarded peoples... Erm, I mean 'disabled individuals'...

I didn't see this coming but like I said in my 1st comment I have no control over what people think they hear or how they interpret what I say to mean what they think I meant. I thought I made it pretty clear I'd never made crude jokes like the ones you seem to have interpreted or presto-ed out of thin air from my words. All I did was not take into account something as simple as the phrase 'don't let him (a politician) push you around' takes on a completely different tone in the presence of a paraplegic in a room of ultra politically correct butt-wipes.

Bowyn, it hurts me that you'd think I'd intentionally make crude jokes about anyone's physical condition or imperfections. Obviously you haven't read a few of the posts I've made about my own personal experiences in this or your read them and it didn't sink in because I tend to paint a rosey picture about my own ordeals.

If you like I can become a bitching whiner and bore you all with my problems, fears and troubles. But honestly I feel better talking about all I've done to overcome them all and try to set an example for others and get them thinking, "if that guy can do all that, maybe I can too."

No hard feelings cuz all you did was make some wrong assumptions about me and the idea that I'd make crude jokes.... just like the politically correct butt wipes I was talking about.

Much more drama like this today and I'm heading over to yahoo where even the trolls have precictable personalities. I didn't come here today for this.

memechose Wrote:I didn't see this coming but like I said in my 1st comment I have no control over what people think they hear or how they interpret what I say to mean what they think I meant. I thought I made it pretty clear I'd never made crude jokes like the ones you seem to have interpreted or presto-ed out of thin air from my words. All I did was not take into account something as simple as the phrase 'don't let him (a politician) push you around' takes on a completely different tone in the presence of a paraplegic in a room of ultra politically correct butt-wipes.

Bowyn, it hurts me that you'd think I'd intentionally make crude jokes about anyone's physical condition or imperfections. Obviously you haven't read a few of the posts I've made about my own personal experiences in this or your read them and it didn't sink in because I tend to paint a rosey picture about my own ordeals.

If you like I can become a bitching whiner and bore you all with my problems, fears and troubles. But honestly I feel better talking about all I've done to overcome them all and try to set an example for others and get them thinking, "if that guy can do all that, maybe I can too."

No hard feelings cuz all you did was make some wrong assumptions about me and the idea that I'd make crude jokes.... just like the politically correct butt wipes I was talking about.

Much more drama like this today and I'm heading over to yahoo where even the trolls have precictable personalities. I didn't come here today for this.

I thought Bowyn was kidding, tbh.