Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The horror that was winter 2013-14- How bad was it for you?
In Arkansas, it was "bad", as in it snowed like 10 times but it always melted within 3 or so days. I thought it was very mild and comfortable (even on the colder days) but the locals disagreed.

But I want to hear all of your horror stories about this absurd winter.

And BTW, next winter is supposed to be slightly better but still generally the same thing. My challenge is to wear short sleeve shirts every day this year because I feel like I can totally get used to low 30's and upper 20's when it does happen.

Arkansota Wrote:In Arkansas, it was "bad", as in it snowed like 10 times but it always melted within 3 or so days. I thought it was very mild and comfortable (even on the colder days) but the locals disagreed.

Dude aren't you originally from Minnesota? Arkansas doesn't even have winters! They just have prolonged autumns. LOL.

Our first snow (1 meter of it) was the 1st week of October... it killed over 30,000 head of cattle. The last was the 2nd week of May (8 inches) Snow's are fine. Winds over 45 mph when it's 20 below freezing are a biotch. Not a bad winter but this summer has been cold. Not gone 3 days yet without needing a sweatshirt.

It rained a couple times...we needed more rain but Mother Nature decided that we didn't.

I spent my winter in the California desert. It was one of the warmest on record and there was a severe drought, even by desert standards. As far as the horrific winter, that was mostly limited to the central U.S. and some occasional storms and cold in the eastern U.S., but for the world overall, it was generally a milder than normal winter.

Iceblink Wrote:I spent my winter in the California desert. It was one of the warmest on record and there was a severe drought, even by desert standards. As far as the horrific winter, that was mostly limited to the central U.S. and some occasional storms and cold in the eastern U.S., but for the world overall, it was generally a milder than normal winter.

I think it was the eastern half of the country, after all Atlanta got hit very hard and when I went to Savannah some days were way below average

I freaken LOVED it, I was layed off from my electrical job and I Had a season Pass to my best Ski Resort. All my friends and I went skiing 4 days a week. Went to Killington Vermont a few times. It Was Awesome.
They Joked about my Gayness on the ski lift while my other gay friend laughed. It was Truly in good fun.

Arkansota Wrote:In Arkansas, it was "bad", as in it snowed like 10 times but it always melted within 3 or so days. I thought it was very mild and comfortable (even on the colder days) but the locals disagreed.

And BTW, next winter is supposed to be slightly better but still generally the same thing. My challenge is to wear short sleeve shirts every day this year because I feel like I can totally get used to low 30's and upper 20's when it does happen.

Hahahahahahahaha Breath Breath, Hahahahaha Sorry dude but I'm Canadian, you haven't see a bad winter yet unless you're from a real winter country; Russia, Finland, Iceland, Danemark,and of course Canada and yes your state of Alaska but it still doesn't beat Yukon. I invite you to go outside in your underwear and jump in icy water when it's -16c... this craziness was brought to you by Finnish, but trust me Canadian do it too. Winter was bad but not as bad as I've seen it in the 80's where snow could accumulate to a balcony of a three stories house. When I was a kid our trip was to build snow forteress and start a massive snow ball fight.

Coldest provinces in Canada are Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan. In February -30c is a piece of frozen cake. Smile

I and many others lived through that - it was Hell disguised in white

In this hemisphere its winter right now...and it sucks. Im freezing.

David3K Wrote:In this hemisphere its winter right now...and it sucks. Im freezing.

Let me guess? 10 degrees LOL

jake Wrote:let me guess? 10 degrees lol

4°c