Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ian Thorpe (Aussie Swimmer)
Comes out as gay.

He's been through some tough emotional journeys recently, maybe this will help put some demons to rest.

http://mobile.news.com.au/entertainment/...6986937063

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/ns...8b408cb9ea

ObW
X

Thorpedo has had a tough time with his personal life, not limited to his run in with police back earlier this year. His fame is part of it --- his sexuality ---- the media pressure --- who knows what else.

I wish him luck.

Good on him, very happy for him.

On the one hand I'm pleased for him (not like I know him but you know what I mean). On the other I feel slightly sad/angry at this media obsession with demanding to know celebrities' sexual orientation when frankly it's nobody's business.
on a lighter note, perhaps now Mr Thorpe will realise that there is a non-attached British guy on this forum who has a soft spot for Aussie men Wink LOL.

ExpatBrit77 Wrote:On the one hand I'm pleased for him (not like I know him but you know what I mean). On the other I feel slightly sad/angry at this media obsession with demanding to know celebrities' sexual orientation when frankly it's nobody's business.
on a lighter note, perhaps now Mr Thorpe will realise that there is a non-attached British guy on this forum who has a soft spot for Aussie men Wink LOL.

Thanks for warning me and posting your pic.
If I ever get to Brussels with my Aussie I'll be carrying a claw hammer and watching out for ya.!

memechose Wrote:Thanks for warning me and posting your pic.
If I ever get to Brussels with my Aussie I'll be carrying a claw hammer and watching out for ya.!

Awww wasn't sure anyone would notice the pic, I'm not exactly Brad Pitt so I'm grateful I didn't crack anyone's computer screen Wink
hahaha. I don't mind Americans either Wink No, the soft spot is only because I once dated an Aussie fella who was an absolute sweetheart, not to mention the sex being red-hot Wink but he moved back under Sad(( Long distance from Europe is a bit hard if the other guy is in Australia...

ExpatBrit77 Wrote:Awww wasn't sure anyone would notice the pic, I'm not exactly Brad Pitt so I'm grateful I didn't crack anyone's computer screen Wink
hahaha. I don't mind Americans either Wink No, the soft spot is only because I once dated an Aussie fella who was an absolute sweetheart, not to mention the sex being red-hot Wink but he moved back under Sad(( Long distance from Europe is a bit hard if the other guy is in Australia...

Long distance hard from Europe? awww poor you. we've been doing it over 5 years across 16 times zones... and I think you may be right about Aussies and red hot sex... Ours always has been.

Didn't he vehemently lie about it for years?

not impressed.

Good on him. Hopefully he can find the network that will help him deal with the various issues that have been tormenting his mind.

If I was one of his fellow team mates who was straight, I'd call a press conference, create a buzz about a big announcement, sit down for an interview with Oprah or something etc and come out as straight.

Then laugh when all the buzz just dies instantly and the sound of a single cricket fills the press room.

pm me if you don't understand the point.