Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Box Office Gold/Poison?
THREE QUESTIONS

Who are the actors who can get you into a theatre? Any one person who will get you to buy a ticket? Who is on your "A" List?

Once on DVD or streaming...any movies you will check out because you like the actor?

...and then there is box office poison...your "F" List? Who repels you and makes it hard to watch anything they are in?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My "A" List is short. The only ones who can actually get me to a big screen when I normally wouldn't watch the movie are.........

Lily Tomlin and Jessica Lange....

Once on DVD...there are a lot of movies I will check out if these guys are in them:

Laura Linney
Al Pacino
James Gandolfini
Robert DeNiro
Sigourney Weaver
Angela Bassett
Milla Jovovich
Eric Roberts

Box Office Poison for me...will skip any movie they are in

Mel Gibson
Kevin Costner
Bruce Willis
Angelina Jolie
Lindsey Lohan
Chris Elliott
Nicole Kidman

I refuse to watch anything with Will Ferrell in it. I don't know how he's made it as far as he has. Zero talent, IMO.

[quote=East]THREE QUESTIONS

Who are the actors who can get you into a theatre? No one
Any one person who will get you to buy a ticket? No one
Who is on your "A" List? No one

Once on DVD or streaming...any movies you will check out because you like the actor?
Never

...and then there is box office poison...your "F" List? Who repels you and makes it hard to watch anything they are in? [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]Anyone who's on the hollywood A list

I'm not a slave to what's supposed to be popular[/COLOR][/SIZE]
My movie time is determined by when the mood hits me and what I find on hulu or Netflix ---- usually documentaries

I'd watch ANYTHING with Emily VanCamp in it Youre-hot

East Wrote:Who are the actors who can get you into a theatre? Any one person who will get you to buy a ticket? Who is on your "A" List?

I don't really have any actors that I follow like that. I'm more interested in if the previews get me interested or not. There's a few actors I can't stand, but I can't say I have all that many favorites. I -do- really like Liam Neeson's voice, though.

East Wrote:...and then there is box office poison...your "F" List? Who repels you and makes it hard to watch anything they are in?

Chevy Chase
Leslie Nielsen
Steve Martin
Rowan Atkinson
Rob Schneider
Wayans brothers
Mike Myers
Carrot Top

I don't see movies very often, but I enjoy watching Jake Gyllenhaal, Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, and Steve Carrell.

Hate Will Farrell, Adam Sandler,
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I prefer to watch films for the plot rather than the actors themselves. When i first became a big Madonna fan i had to see every film that she was in, hehe. And Steven Seagal is complete turn off for me, i will NOT watch anything he stars in.

After thinking about it there's one actor whose entire filmography I've collected....

Gary Oldman. Destined for knighthood no doubt.

Currently there are no actors that can make me go see a movie. In the (distant) past there was Kathleen Turner, for a few years.

The only one making me interested in checking her movies out right now is Meryl Streep, she's done some fabulous stuff since 'the devil wears Prada'

I will not watch movies with
Tom Cruise
Adam Sandler
Will Ferrell
Steven Segall
Russel Crowe
Mel Gibson
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

It's really about the subject of a movie more than it is who is in the movie. If Parker Posey or Cate Blanchett is in the movie, there is a good chance I will see it. If Adam Sandler or Ben Stiller is in it, directed it, or wrote it, I am probably not going to see it.

As for Lindsay Lohan, it is usually a comedy whether she intended it to be or not, so I might watch it if I I flipping channels and and one of her movies is on. I loved Mean Girls and I was salivating at the expected disaster of Liz & Dick and it did not disappoint. I think I caught it about 5 or 6 times on Lifetime.