Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Activity plans?
Always hearing about what people have done the past weekend or the past week and how it went. How about a thread with future plans and what you are expecting from it.

Let us know how it went afterwards.

For me it will be riding cycle and camping this weekend. Not expecting anything special just a relaxing weekend with a straight guy.

Saturday is supposed to be a vintage european car show. I will likely end up at work instead.

Sunday there is a lecture on pollinators (bees and the like). I really want to go to that since I like them little stinging buggers.

Next Friday is a road trip to the big city so that the parrots can see their favourite (and only) doctor doctor doctor.

Next Sunday is a hike in the mountains. Yaaaaay

Finding a playmate who is hopefully local

I'm hoping that this week (weekend not happening as my transporter works weekends) to go to Obsidian Dome to - surprisingly - get some obsidian to try my hand at knapping. More commonly known as arrowhead making from flint, but many types of rock and tools are made from knapping - the chipping away of stone.

I so rarely get real days off that I just work, work, work - which makes David a mass murder... seriously you people think that Monk actually survives????? :biggrin:

The last vacation I had (just one week) was 8 years ago.... So I am slightly overdue for a day off... yes? Disagreement will be met with a rock knife through your spine! :tongue:

So to me a day in the car, rock hounding, etc is a huge deal.

I fear that my life is pretty much my job, which many people don't see as a job.... IDK many people must be idiots, or perhaps blind to the fact that Mirkwood would be a dead, dry barren, desolate place if it wasn't for us elves (me) doing our (my) job.....

Relax at home after a long tiring week... RolleyesRolleyes

ive got 18 days off in August ...and I really want to try new stuff or see new places , (not heights though) mates are pretty much working week days but I really want to see nice things in the UK ,,,, ill be camping anyway , but any suggestions are ok,

50Plus Wrote:Saturday is supposed to be a vintage european car show. I will likely end up at work instead.

Sunday there is a lecture on pollinators (bees and the like). I really want to go to that since I like them little stinging buggers.

Next Friday is a road trip to the big city so that the parrots can see their favourite (and only) doctor doctor doctor.

Next Sunday is a hike in the mountains. Yaaaaay

Update one. I was right - I worked today. yaaaaay Well not really, but it makes me feel good by saying yaaaaay.

Going to try camping again.

Last weekend was a complete bust. Was sick when I woke up Saturday and ended up sleeping on the sofa for another 5 hours after getting a full nights sleep.

50Plus Wrote:Update one. I was right - I worked today. yaaaaay Well not really, but it makes me feel good by saying yaaaaay.

Update two

Friday I actually did get the birds to their vet appointment. YAAAY Then I spend 2 1/2 hours working with a new consultant.

Saturday I went to work.

Sunday - I cancelled my hike in the mountains. Will be working a bit today.

Monday - attempt to not work. House cleaning, recycling and yard work. Those would be enjoyable.

I spent the weekend taking care of 3 demented kids.
Tonight I'm going to a club with my best friend.
I. Deserve. A. Break.