Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
email is evil
So my boss is a horrible person.

Okay, and she sent out an email to everyone saying if you worked on July 4th you get overtime. This has never happebed so I was excited! I continued reading and ends up for the overnight people you only get the overtime for the hours that fell on the 4th. Which is two out of 8 and a halfish hours. So I sent a reply explaining why this is unfair and I would not be willing to work overnights anymore due to this. I tried to be nice about it because my boss seriously needs to be institutionalized since she's crazy. I get to work tonight and my coworker says "hey I got your email and I totally agree!" My jaw dropped. I accidentally replied to all instead of just my boss.

you are so great! Go find a claw hammer and comb your hair with it... real hard! and fast!

I hate to tell you this but the greatest thing that happened to me at 22 was meeting a guy who was past being 22 and smart enough to to not let me make the stupid mistakes he made at that age.

Does that mean I should fear for my job? I do a little but unemployment might be the push I need to find a new job. But I guess my coworkers will now love me...

Probable deniability... never put angry correspondence in writing. Especially with a boss.

This message will self destruct in 10 seconds...

Wink

memechose Wrote:you are so great! Go find a claw hammer and comb your hair with it... real hard! and fast!

I hate to tell you this but the greatest thing that happened to me at 22 was meeting a guy who was past being 22 and smart enough to to not let me make the stupid mistakes he made at that age.

Come sit here by me and let me comb your hair with this nice bronze age 12 pound comb shaped like a hammer head... LOL....

There's not a way to put honesty ahead of your job and expect it to look good on your resume. No one looking at a resume is interested in how honest or straight forward you are.

It wasn't an angry email.

Maybe I'm just not cut out to be a part of society.

The idea of spending 8 hours a day 5 days a week someplace where I'm treated less than human and expected by everyone to just deal with it is a fate worse than death. Not really living in my eyes so I don't see the point. I would be okay if I got fired at this point.

Now you're just sounding spoiled with entitlement issues. Assuming that you have to pay rent, food, electric, garbage, water, sewage, internet, cable, phone, insurance, gas, ... like the rest of us, man up and go to work and earn that money and be thankful you have a job.

Consider telling your boss you meant to reply just to her but hit the wrong button. At least then she is not reading more into your email.

Although you might not have intended it, sending to all might have forced management to reconsider a poor policy, since now everyone knows that some employees won't work shifts that partially fall on holidays.

I don't have entitlement issues and I'm not spoiled. I have bullying issues. I don't up and quit because I know I'm fortunate to have a job. I don't see why it's such a problem to not want to be bullied. This particular instance I'm not even angry about it. Just thought I'd bring up a concern like she constantly tells us to.

The above had a lot to do for why I went to work for myself. It's not without its cons, but I think the pros outweigh it, and I do think the term "wage slave" fits all too many.

I recall years ago seeing some management types complaining about the dispirited mindless drones they had to manage with such contempt on a message board that I asked a few questions like did they demand their employees hand over their bodily fluids on demand, show absolute loyalty to a company that can turn on them in an instant, exploited loopholes to prevent many employees from getting full bennies, punished them for telling them the truth instead of what they wanted to hear (and then acting on lies because that's all they'll tolerate then having to find a scapegoat for when it goes wrong, typically the one person brave enough to speak the truth and had you listened to him or her then the problem wouldn't have happened in the first place), and if they considered any type of socializing that makes cooperation more easy as "goof off time" which they considered in pay and bennies (as in less), while NOT taking into account the medication and therapy many required just to put up with the dehumanizing crap they do at work. (Speaking of which, remember that health insurance you were forced to pay into? You lost your job as you were too injured, and no longer have insurance, have a nice day.)

Bonus if they're one of the many places that force some type of propaganda on them like it's some Orwellian mind control camp rather than a job (FOX and right wing radio seem to be a favorite), though that thankfully doesn't seem commonplace (though I've heard enough complain about it).

'Course plenty go home so ragged (and plenty have even more work to do at home) that they're too tired to have much of a social life (seems a catch-22 for some people, they either don't have the money or the time for one) and have to live fulfilling lives vicariously through the TV as they're too exhausted and dispirited for one of their own. Alcohol and pills (including psyche) help them to forget their day so they can sleep, caffeine to get them up so they can push their Sisyphean rock up the hill again.

And if any of that applies to any of them, would they tolerate anything other than a dispirited drone they now have the gall to complain about?

I never got an answer, but I also stopped that thread dead in its tracks.