Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to Gay Pride but...
Hello everyone!

Im J. from Belgium and I have a "problem".

First of all, I'm not gay, but the situation has to do wit the Gay Pride so this would be the best place to ask about it.

As you may or may not know, the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 was won by a travestite named Conchita Wurst.
I'm a very big fan of the Eurovision Song Contest and love the message Conchita sends (being who you are and not caring what others say).

This is why I would like to go to the Gay Pride in Antwerp to see her perfrom live (I've already seen her sing live once but you can never have enough Conchita! Wink )

Now the only problem is, when I was at a promoconcert for the Eurovision (the "big" fans are about 80 percent gay people, so let's say it was pretty rainbowy over there) all the guys were looking at me like: "hey, my hotel is around the corner, wanna come?"
And of course I get that. I know I don't look bad and I'm 17 altough most people think I'm a few years older than that. But it's "normal" to be there and not being gay.
Going to a Gay Pride is a different story...

So, my question is:
Would it be rude/offensive if I would wear a shirt that says: "Straight boy, look don't touch :-)"?
My mom says it would be rude and people would get angry at me but I think it's pretty funny.
What would you think if you saw someone wearing that?

Please let me know!

Thanks.

J.

Listen to your mom. Mom's know best and are always right.

How 'bout "Str8, not broke"? Laugh
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

You've already ran it by your mom and she did not understand the humor, so you already know you run the risk of other people not understanding it.

There is a popular t shirt for straight people at pride that says "Straight but not narrow." Maybe you could order that shirt from somewhere or make one yourself. There is another one out there that says "Just another straight person for gay rights." Also one that says "Straight supporter of gay rights."

CCRox Wrote:How 'bout "Str8, not broke"? Laugh

Uhm, I'm gonna pretend that I know what that means and thank you for your suggestion.

I'll keep it in mind...

BelgianJ Wrote:Uhm, I'm gonna pretend that I know what that means and thank you for your suggestion.

I'll keep it in mind...

It's ok, the Straight not narrow is far better!
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Yeah, I like the T--Shirt IceBlink was talking about, The one that says
Just another straight person for Gay rights.
Think of a nice way to tell people, A simple "thank you, but I'm straight" might work. It's nice and direct.

NOW Belgianj, you are going to a Gay Event and concert. It's Like if you go into a Gay Bar, It's not a regular bar, so there is a good possibility you might get your ass grabbed. You can't be offended, your in their area now. however your still safe and there is no reason you can't enjoy yourself.

Iceblink Wrote:You've already ran it by your mom and she did not understand the humor, so you already know you run the risk of other people not understanding it.

There is a popular t shirt for straight people at pride that says "Straight but not narrow." Maybe you could order that shirt from somewhere or make one yourself. There is another one out there that says "Just another straight person for gay rights." Also one that says "Straight supporter of gay rights."

I was just about to suggest this, you can find that shirt online on a lot of different sites.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Being the creative contrarian, I love your t-shirt idea. "Straight boy, look don't touch :-)"?

You could always take it one step further and create a multi purpose non-demoninational shirt that says: "Taken. Look but don't touch."

You would offend nobody while not actually saying anything other than please leave me alone. Now if you meet a hottie (male or female or other), then you might have some explaining to do.

there are other options too.

[Image: str8_w_o_h8_straight_without_hate_gay_ri...gs_512.jpg]

(Straight without hate)
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!