Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Normal computer temperature
So what temperature is considered to be normal for computers? I've Acer laptop and when I use it for several hours, it feels really hot to the touch. I don't play games or anything like that, I just use the Internet and Microsoft Word. I downloaded some program to determine the temperature, it changes all the time, but basically stays in the range from 50-70°C. Is this normal or do I have to worry about my computer overheating?

I don't know much about computers, but I've already lost one laptop due to overheating, that's why I'm asking.

Range from 50 to 70°C is the normal, the best would be below 65°C. I've lost a PC overheated, reaching an incredible 93°C. So don't worry at all as long as it doesn't surpass 70.

My laptop also gets very hot. I've been waiting for it to die by overheating for like 2 years already so I could buy a new one.

You could try something like a laptop cooler, maybe?

My laptop can get hot, but only when I'm playing online games. I sometimes worry about it so I might look into a laptop cooler.

Make sure you're not actually using it ON your lap top (legs), or on blankets in bed. The vents underneath need to breath.

Borg69 Wrote:Make sure you're not actually using it ON your lap top (legs), or on blankets in bed. The vents underneath need to breath.

No, I never do that. It's just on my table.

If you think your laptop is hot, try using a 17" Macbook Pro on your lap.

It will BURN you it runs that hot (seriously!) I have to use a cushion or pillow if Im working with it on my lap!

ObW
X

I always buy intel processors because the AMD ones tend to get really hot.
But 50-70 celsius isn't particularly hot, but still a bit alarming if you're not running heavy programs.

Cuddly Wrote:I always buy intel processors because the AMD ones tend to get really hot.
But 50-70 celsius isn't particularly hot, but still a bit alarming if you're not running heavy programs.

what is considered to be heavy programs?

Edward Wrote:what is considered to be heavy programs?

Games. You know, things that push the computer's performance to its limits, using up all the rams and the graphics.

I do think Microsoft programs tend to be a bit heavy on the performance requirements too, though.. I always feel like Microsoft makes it an art to wildly overspend resources to make their simple-as-shit programs uselessly complicated. Meanwhile they don't add things like a calculator to their word. But hey, atleast you can have moving shadows rotating around your letters as they progress through all colours and their shades. XD #wordrant