Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thinness and being gay
I know there is a correlation between being thin and being gay, how many of you feel the pressure to be thin while being gay? How hard does the pressure come on to you? How badly do you want to be thin? I've always wanted to be stick think since childhood because I thought being thin meant being beautiful. I did have a butch period where I want to gain muscle and bulk up, but I feel myself wanting to go back to trying to be thin again, however it is hard for me to because I gained a bigger stomach and a bigger appetite from trying to get more muscular and what not. It is hard for to eat less or not at all now because of this, but sooner or later I will find a way to shrink my stomach and my appetite while eating healthier and exercising longer and harder to get that super-thin body I've always craved for myself. Anyways back on topic, I just wanted to know what you think about thinness and it's association with the gay community?

What are you even talking about? What correlation between thinness and being gay?

Buzzer Wrote:What are you even talking about? What correlation between thinness and being gay?
You do not think there is a correlation being thin and being a homosexual male? You think that young gay men aren't trying to get thinner?

Swanny Wrote:You do not think there is a correlation being thin and being a homosexual male? You think that young gay men aren't trying to get thinner?

By that definition there's a relationship between heterosexuality and thinness, because tons of straight girls starve or purge to lose weight, and tons of men excessively exercise to try to force six packs.

how thin are you?

I am not thin, I have muscles and fat on my body, but I am not clinically overweight either. I'd like to get to 90lbs @ 5'7 which is clinically underweight, but I'd rather look think and be at risk of being unhealthy than be thick and healthy which to me is pointless since we are going to die anyway. I might as well be happy and strive for what I want while I am here on this planet.

Not thin enough jacqui

There is no correlation between being gay and being thin.

Our society is overly focused on body weight and thinness. This isn't a gay thing, it's a full blown society thing. Straight, gay, bi, male, female, and everyone else.

I could've swore that there was a correlation between gay males and anorexia

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:There is no correlation between being gay and being thin.

Our society is overly focused on body weight and thinness. This isn't a gay thing, it's a full blown society thing. Straight, gay, bi, male, female, and everyone else.

...and now comes a voice of reason...

I'm a physical therapist so have some knowledge of what works in terns of body weight, and what I find is that many people have a total misconception of what constitutes a healthy weight. And this misconception is DEFINITELY not limited to gays.

Note: I said HEALTHY, not stylish, because healthy should be the goal.