Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do you shave?
I have a problem, I'm trying the bald look for the first time and I did a good job shaving. the problem is the next day I noticed pretty bad razor burn on the back of my neck. I was upset because it looks bad, I feel a little embarrassed to go anywhere this weekend, but I really like the way I look with a bald head. for those with the bald look do you use a razor or clippers? and what do you put on your head after? I used one of those four blade razors that are supposed to be specially made for shaving your head, then after a shower I put rubbing alcohol on it and after shave. PLEASE HELP!!:frown:
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

im no baldie but go for something with no alcohol , specially if your going nude for the first time , Aveeno have a good range of products but im sure guys on here have some cheaper alternatives

I shave my head, and yes, when I first started doing it, it was a b*tch. Through trial and error, what works best... FOR ME... is a cheapy Bic Razor, in the shower, with NO Shaving cream. Just hot water.

It takes several days for your skin to get used to it and toughen up. It's not something you can do on a whim once a week and think it'll be ok. DAILY. Then if you're feeling lazy after a few weeks you can skip weekends.

After the shower I put on a thin coat of Vaseline. I've tried a zillion moisturizers and Vaseline is the only thing that doesn't make me break out... but my skin is probably drier and more sensitive than most people's.

Try a shaving cream with salicylic acid. It is usually an ingredient in acne medication, but a few shaving creams have it to prevent break outs and make sure it is not a shave cream in an aerosol can. Neutrogena makes one called Neutrogena Men Sensitive Skin Shave Cream. It is in a black tube.

I just singe all my hair off... hurts like a bitch, but hey, no pain no gain right? Wink

For the record I actually did that once by accident... not my whole body obvs more like a tiny patch on my arm but yeah, that hurt like hell.

Bluelight Wrote:I just singe all my hair off... hurts like a bitch, but hey, no pain no gain right? Wink

For the record I actually did that once by accident... not my whole body obvs more like a tiny patch on my arm but yeah, that hurt like hell.

umm...I think I'll stick to shaving.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I just started letting my hair grow out again after over a year.
Forget all shaving cream and all that.
If you're going to do it you shouldn't let it go more than 3 days between shaves.... In the shower.
And you need this stuff... http://shavesecret.com/
It's fantastic. Order on line or buy in Walmarts.
can't say enough great things about it.

That's all you need to know besides it's not a bad idea to ask a friend to shower with you and help.

And SPF 20 sunscreen on it.

ceez Wrote:, then after a shower I put rubbing alcohol on it and after shave.

Have you ever wondered why you should put alcohol on newly shaven skin?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:Have you ever wondered why you should put alcohol on newly shaven skin?

You create tiny punctures all over the skin you shave. When bacteria enter these punctures they cause inflammation, which is the outbreak you'll see most often (the alternative is shaven hairs growing back without properly piercing the skin). The alcohol kills the bacteria on the skin and in the tiny punctures, preventing the inflammation.

memechose aint lying about Shaving Secret. Just put a few drops on the razor is all it takes and it makes razors last ages longer than otherwise.