Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paradoxes... Paradimes.... um..... plurl(how ever it's spelt) of Paradox
I've been trying to think of some um... ... ... Parawhatevertheplurlforitises XD
would this count?
I have the Answer to a question, who's answer is unknown
Sheep

Fourty two?

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

Something about the Bible?

50Plus Wrote:Fourty two?

I still don't get that whole 42 thing

Miles Wrote:The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

>.> You're the first one to post that paradox on this, you get cookie *hands cookie*
also, that is one of my favorites, can you guess the other two of my top three?

Humeinator2 Wrote:I still don't get that whole 42 thing

It's a reference to The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, it's supposed to be absurd, a boring ordinary number being the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything...but no one knows what that question actually is

Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy

A group of hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings demand to learn the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything from the supercomputer, Deep Thought, specially built for this purpose.

It takes Deep Thought 7½ million years to compute and check the answer, which turns out to be 42.

Deep Thought points out that the answer seems meaningless because the beings who instructed it never actually knew what the Question was.

When asked to produce The Ultimate Question, Deep Thought says that it cannot; however, it can help to design an even more powerful computer that can. This new computer will incorporate living beings into the "computational matrix" and will run for ten million years.

It is revealed as being the planet Earth, with its pan-dimensional creators assuming the form of mice to observe its running.

The process is hindered after eight million years by the unexpected arrival on Earth of the Golgafrinchans and then is ruined completely, five minutes before completion, when the Earth is destroyed by the Vogons to make way for a new Hyperspace Bypass. In The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, this is revealed to have been a ruse: the Vogons had been hired to destroy the Earth by a consortium of psychiatrists, led by Gag Halfrunt, who feared for the loss of their careers when the meaning of life became known.

And Miles is really excited by it because they have 'pan-dimensional' creators.

O.o Remind me not to find out the meaning of life, the answer to the ultimate question, or the question o.O