Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Strain on FX
Hello, Everyone! I hope this is the right place to post this. I don't see a general television thread or a horror thread. I am a fan of FX's new TV show 'The Strain'. I was interested in generating discussion about this show. Is anyone else watching it? What are people's thoughts? Favorite characters? What do you like? What do you dislike? I'm just curious. I'm new to these forums so I'm hoping to meet new friends!

This show isn't about dealing with hemorrhoids, is it?

Why yes. Yes it is.

No!!! It is a show about vampires. Gory Vampires.

Nice try though. lol

InSearchofAdam Wrote:It is a show about vampires. Gory Vampires.

I'm bored already.

I think this discussion has headed in the wrong direction. Lol. Is there anyone actually watching this show that has descriptive thoughts? I'm curious.

Hi,
I watch "The Strain", it's a very good serie ! Sometime i am very afraid. The monsters and the effects are well done. It's not vampires for teenager like "twilight"

For the moment, i don't understand the link between the old, sick and rich man and the Master vampire.

I hope that in the next episodes, there will always a medical story, not just an extermination story. With a little lucky, the serie will not "too much".

It's funny to see again "Sean Astin" in the role of Jim Kent, after playing Sam Gamgee in the "Lord of the Ring".

(Sorry for my english, i'm still learning ^^)

Buzy Wrote:Hi,
I watch "The Strain", it's a very good serie ! Sometime i am very afraid. The monsters and the effects are well done. It's not vampires for teenager like "twilight"

For the moment, i don't understand the link between the old, sick and rich man and the Master vampire.

I hope that in the next episodes, there will always a medical story, not just an extermination story. With a little lucky, the serie will not "too much".

It's funny to see again "Sean Astin" in the role of Jim Kent, after playing Sam Gamgee in the "Lord of the Ring".

(Sorry for my english, i'm still learning ^^)

Buzy! Thank you so much for your response! I was beginning to fear that I was the only person alive watching this show!

I also think it's a great series and one of it's most notable and valuable points is how different it is from "Twilight", so I agree with you! That sick old man wants the Master to heal him so that he will never die. He's screwing over humanity just to save his own hide. I very much dislike him. And I agree, it is odd seeing Sean Astin in this role. He looks so different than he did in "Rudy"! I hope you keep enjoying the show!

Thanks, now i can understand the link between the sick old man and the master.
Apparently there will be a second season.

In fact, it's an adaptation of three books, i didn't Know.

Have a good show !

I'm planning on checking it out. Pacific Rim was awful but Guillermo del Toro knows his fantasy and horror (Pan's Labyrinth was amazing).

English is really good m8 - ive been told to watch The Strain by friends as they love it too