Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cliff Richard's house searched by the police
Now, following the recent highly publicised accusations and convictions of some well known personalities on charges of sexual abuse in the UK, just coming up on the news is an item about Cliff Richard:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-28790718

Probably not too well known to non UK citizens.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Cliff Richard is known all over Europe, at least to people born in the 80s.

OK, forgive my presumption butnhis career dates from the 60/70s.

he was still around in the 80s and 90s. when i was growing up his music was around and i've always known who he was. i'm sure there are people who might not connect the name and the songs, but most people in Europe know his music, even if they don't know who he is. i mean, who hasn't heard ''We Don't Talk Anymore''.

Shocking , but a personally think he is innocent and just the victim of a witch hunt. I guess only time will tell and reveal the truth.

Wolfpack Wrote:Shocking , but a personally think he is innocent and just the victim of a witch hunt. I guess only time will tell and reveal the truth.

I hope you're right.

As for his success here in the US, Cliff may not be a household name, but he did manage to get 8 Top 40 hits, three of them getting into the Top 10.

"Living Doll" - #30 (1959)
"It's All In The Game" - #25 (1963)
"Devil Woman" - #6 (1976)
"We Don't Talk Anymore" - #7 (1979)
"Carrie" - #34 (1980)
"Dreamin'" - #10 (1980)
"A Little In Love" - #17 (1980)
"Daddy's Home" - #23 (1981)
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I hope its false but if not he deserves the same criminal justice the rest of us would get - but how come the police turn up with the press to his home ? how can that be impartial when the police inform the tabloids that they are gonna raid a celebrity home ?

matty7 Wrote:I hope its false but if not he deserves the same criminal justice the rest of us would get - but how come the police turn up with the press to his home ? how can that be impartial when the police inform the tabloids that they are gonna raid a celebrity home ?

Will: Agreed - bring the press was just totally bogus. If we pulled something like that, we be busted down to directing traffic in the Combat Zone...and yeah, I hope it isn't true, I'm so sick of this shit and it never seems to end...

The latest news from this morning's press:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/l...10667.html

matty7 Wrote:I hope its false but if not he deserves the same criminal justice the rest of us would get - but how come the police turn up with the press to his home ? how can that be impartial when the police inform the tabloids that they are gonna raid a celebrity home ?

I agree with you Matty that part just does not seem right.

BTW I hope he is not guilty of anything or my mum will be crying into her cornflakes, hehe.