Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new salesman
This is an old joke but it's still funny.

A young man from North Dakota moved to Florida and went to a big "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job. He quickly made arrangements to interview with the store manager.

The manager said, "Do you have any sales experience?"

The man replied, "Yes. I was a vacuum salesman back in North Dakota."

The manager was unsure, but he liked the kid and figured he'd give him a shot, so he gave him a job.

"You will start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."

The young man's first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down to the sales floor.

"How many customers bought something from you today?" The young man frowned and looked at his shoes and muttered, "One".

The manager rebuffed him with "Just one?!!? Our sales people average sales to 20 to 30 customers a day. This will have to change, and soon, son, if you'd like to continue your employment here. We have very strict standards for our sales force here in Florida. One sale a day might have been acceptable in North Dakota, but you're not on the farm anymore, son."

The young man took his beating, and continued to look at his shoes, so the boss felt kind of bad for chewing him out on his first day. He asked (semi-sarcastically), "So, how much was your one sale for?"

The young man looked up at his boss and said "$101,237.65."

The manager blurted out $101,237.65?!? What the heck did you sell?"

The young man said, "Well, first, I sold him some new fish hooks. Then I sold him a new fishing rod to go with his new hooks. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4x4 Expedition."

The manager, by now completely astonished, said "A guy came in here to buy fish hooks and you sold him a boat and a TRUCK!?"

The young man said "No, the guy came in here to buy tampons for his wife, and I said, 'Dude, your weekend's shot, you should just go fishing'."
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Omg can't believe how funny that was ha ha ha ha ha ha ha think I might have wet meself....... nope all good ha ha please keep posting theae hilarious stories please!!!