Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lest we forget what its like for so many kids now days....
I stumbled across a video which unfortunately reminds me that whilst we live in the 21st century, there are many out there who are a few centuries behind.

Mind this video contains a bit of physical violence near the end. While you don't actually see much, you hear the whole conversation.

I'm hoping that this will serve as a reminder why so many closeted people fret over coming out of the closet....

Jesus tapdancing Christ. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to have been born in the family I have. Doesn't his family know they're a fucking cliché? Poor kid. He'll be better without em in the long run. Worst part for me was hearing his dad yell "You're a goddamn queer!" What a drama queen. I really didn't think people still said things like that.

Oh my god I need to make sure alex doesn't click that vid... this was exactly the atmosphere when I first travel with him to his born again christian mother who served us all the biblical crap about God hating gays. She was just not prepared to meet a as crazy atheist who knew the bible more than she did. I remember very well how that day I lost my calm and there was screaming from her mom to me, from me to his mon, Alex was crying and screaming, and his dad trying to calm us all. What a day it was, and that video just reminded me that. Alex was 20 years old.

Such a pity... Facepalm
I'd plant a bomb in their fuckin mouths.

Been there and worse. Have scars on my body from it, too. If you have a decent family, cherish them.
I shouldn't have watched it, but I didn't think it would be so bad. Poor guy. Sad

While that was sad I really admire his strength of will and being able to keep a clear mind while facing down so many hostile authority figures in the family who held such control over his life...though that suggests he's used to being treated that way which is also sad.

He made the right choice. Had he given in his life would've been even more miserable than dealing with the open contempt and rejection.

I wish him the best...and I bet he can do more than many others his age given his strength of will and clarity of mind he demonstrated under such trying circumstances.

His mother is a sociopath.

Damn, that is horrible. I'm shaking right now. That evil cunt has a strange idea of love and support.

That just sucked the life out of me. Made me remember too much. People constantly tell you that you get a thicker skin as you get older, and to some extent it is true. Then something comes along and pulls the rug out from under your feet and you realize no matter how thick your skin is it still hurts when you fall.

I'm out for a little while.

Yep, that was my family pretty much… which is why I never told them I was gay. Same accents, probably from the same region I grew up in, more or less -- white trash so called "Christians." When I was a kid growing up my family wasn't particularly religious. They went to church and all but it wasn't what it became sometime in the mid 1970s when my two older sisters and mom became "born again" evangelicals. But the controlling attitude, the limited range of thinking, the arguments that went around in circles, the unwillingness to look at one's own point of view and try and be a bit objective about it, "the word of god" being more important than anything else, including one's own love for a child, the hypocrisy of saying "I support you but not your 'choice'" and so on. Yep. Exactly like that.

And, indeed, it brings it all back. And people wonder why gay kids and adults are f**ked up. Rolleyes