Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just realized how selfish i can be
My friend and I usually go to the gym today at a certain time but today I was late. When I showed up, he was talking to this huge guy about workouts and he offered my buddy to go workout with him tomorrow. He said sure. I was kind of sad, I felt like he didn't want to workout with me anymore because I wasn't capable of working out on his level. I ignored both of them and just went with my routine. After awhile the big guy leaves. I ask my buddy if he was going to workout with him tomorrow, he smiled and said "naw I rather go with you." I was like awwww, that's so sweet. And now since I'm thinking it about it, I feel like a selfish jerk (I also got to change the title of this ). I mean if going to workout with the much bigger guy is going to help him improve more, go for it and I shouldn't feel sad if he wanted to do so. Wow I suddenly feel like the over jealous girlfriend right now.

I think your friend prefers to spend some quality time with you. I mean gym sessions are meant to be fun and enjoyable rite?

And no need to feel bad about yourself. Smile

LOL sounds like you are a jealous gf. WEll it`s not a big deal, it`s normal.

Lauj. What you're experiencing is real common and it's not selfishness. It's your own insecurity with your partner. Everyone has it to some degree. The important thing is how you internalize it and externalize it. The fact that you didn't externalize it and pop an attitude in the gym is a good thing. If you let it eat at you internally it will morph into full blown irrational possessiveness and constant suspicion. If that happens you become your relationship's worst enemy. You admit feeling like a jerk and... a jealous girlfriend (hahaha!) means you are fighting that insecurity with what you learned from the experience. EXCELLENT!!!!!

And one day you'll get to the point Jay and I are at. When someone starts flirting with him and I feel left out I get as far as I can away from that and find some amusement of my own. As soon as he notices I'm out of his sight he's hunting for me. hahaha! I'm not going to get nasty about some guy having the good taste to flirt with MY man but standing by watching it would make my insecurities wig out. I leave the situation and as soon as I turn my back the insecurities shut up.

I won't lie. unlike you I probably would sighed and just not spoken to him at the gym. pumped them headphones nice and loud and tune out his voice. because i would've been peeved. Vuur1