Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday bash-wake for Joan anyone?
[Image: Joan-Rivers.jpg]

We're doing a wake for Joan --- open bar with all sorts of horse ovaries, a dress code for everyone to be as overdressed as possible like they're going to the Academy Awards while we watch some crazy bitch's funeral. After hearing her description of how she wants it done and that it's going to be televised.. and that we all know damned well it's going to be over the top of anything she wanted or could dream of.... it ought to break some sort of record for viewing a funeral on TV.

Talk about going out with style!!!!!!!!!! She might even become famous one day!

Hahahhahahaha!

Who else would have a white faux mink blanket in a hospital room?

Mae West must be jealous.
I bid NO Trump!

Nice idea Memechose but the time difference means that I'll probably be asleep at the time. I hope they show at least some of it on one of the UK channels. Have a great time.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

We're 2 hours behind NYC. So if they have it at 10:00 Sunday morning it'll be 8 here. Ray and I figured back that the last time we got drunk on a Sunday morning was back when we were kids in 2007. hahahaha! A couple of the GIs from the air base have already said HELL YEAH! they're coming. hahahaha! In fact they're coming over tomorrow night to sleep over.

I didn't ever go back and see any of Joan's early stuff until the past few days. I found out all she did for the Gay Rodeos --- AIDS ---- and all sorts of other charities. Her favorite audiences were gay men. You can bet someone is already working on a 2 hour TV special and maybe a tribute with all the people she's insulted over 50 years. No one has ever done it like she did.

She wasn't popular in Italy, I doubt there'll be any live stream of her wake. Actually, I didn't know her that much either, except for her guest appearance on Nip/Tuck.

But if you have an open bar, I'll have a Cosmo, k thx.

the house specialty is our own line of daquiris we make 2 gallons at a time using a fan blade on a drill for a blender. We party like big dogs when we party.

For anyone living in Europe and able to receive UK TV channels, ITV seems to be the first to pay homage to Joan Rivers:

An Audience with Joan Rivers

Today on ITV from 10:35pm to 11:35pm

Another chance to see this programme from 2006 as a tribute to the late Joan Rivers. The Queen of Comedy was 72 at the time of filming and still boiling mad - at everyone. In a hilarious one-hour special, recorded live in front of a star-studded studio audience, she delivers probably the best TV performance of her remarkable career. She is riotous, irreverent and very rude - but the closing minutes are very moving.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I've nothing else and can find nothing on the internet about the funeral service being televised. I heard it twice on headline news Friday. No matter. We're already set up to play poker all night tonight and get up in the morning and have drinks with apple fritters my favorite chef whipped out last night! hahahaha! For a straight guy StingRay is one damned good cook! My apple tree has more on it that any year since I've been here and he's made pies twice and now the fritters. We experimented with apple daquiris last night. They'll be great for Xmas maybe.

Hold on, my brain will only allow me to skim words so far.

Is her funeral actually being televised? Is it going to be this big thing?

larafan25 Wrote:Hold on, my brain will only allow me to skim words so far.

Is her funeral actually being televised? Is it going to be this big thing?

I heard twice yesterday on Headline News it was going to be televised live. Today I can find not one reference to that anywhere. BUT we do know they are already setting up to record it --- if not broadcast it.

So it's all still not clear if it will be on TV from NYC at 8am EST or not