Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jack the Ripper unmasked?
Well, according to this author, he is:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z3CZpKC8I3
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Wow very interesting, I never thought that they would solve who Jack the Ripper really was.

Wolfpack Wrote:Wow very interesting, I never thought that they would solve who Jack the Ripper really was.

Science has come on in leaps and bounds and it is astonishing where they are able to extract DNA from these days.

Fascinating stuff!

I'm a bit sad that the mystery is now solved, it inspired so many wonderful stories, novels, movies and theories. Alan Moore's From Hell is one of my favorite graphic novels, but apparently his theory was wrong. Smile

MisterLove Wrote:Fascinating stuff!

I'm a bit sad that the mystery is now solved, it inspired so many wonderful stories, novels, movies and theories. Alan Moore's From Hell is one of my favorite graphic novels, but apparently his theory was wrong. Smile

My apologies. It was not meant to spoil your illusions.

LONDONER Wrote:My apologies. It was not meant to spoil your illusions.

Smile Smile

It's not your fault Baby and it's not just my illusions. There was a whole economy based on Jack the Ripper (e.g. novels, movies, the wonderful London tours) that is probably going to suffer because of this.

Call me sceptical, but I'd be more inclined to believe this if it wasn't the Daily Mail reporting it; as a world exclusive apparently.

Genersis Wrote:Call me sceptical, but I'd be more inclined to believe this if it wasn't the Daily Mail reporting it; as a world exclusive apparently.

Like you I take much of the Daily Mail with a very large pinch of salt but on the other hand, at the end of the article it says:

Dr Jari Louhelainen is a senior lecturer in molecular biology at Liverpool John Moores University and an expert in historic cold-case forensic research.

© Russell Edwards 2014

Naming Jack The Ripper, by Russell Edwards, will be published by Sidgwick & Jackson on September 9, priced £16.99.

It's interesting to read some of the comments after that though. Like you, others are sceptical also.

LONDONER Wrote:Like you I take much of the Daily Mail with a very large pinch of salt but on the other hand, at the end of the article it says:

Dr Jari Louhelainen is a senior lecturer in molecular biology at Liverpool John Moores University and an expert in historic cold-case forensic research.

© Russell Edwards 2014

Naming Jack The Ripper, by Russell Edwards, will be published by Sidgwick & Jackson on September 9, priced £16.99.

It's interesting to read some of the comments after that though. Like you, others are sceptical also.
I can't help but wonder if it is not as clear cut as made out in the article.
The Mail using sensationalism to sell newspapers and this guys book.

I'm not willing to buy the book to find out, but I will try to remember to keep an eye out for further developments.
Thanks for sharing.Smile

Kosminski's name has come up again and again. If I recall correctly, there was a book decades ago that said the investigating officer was convinced it was him, but had no secure evidence, and managed to get him to go into a secure asylum.

On the other hand, that fact that he had some contact with a shawl of one of the victims still doesn't constitute evidence of much more than proximity to her at some point. Even if he was there at the time of the murder, it might have been before, and it might have been after: it doesn't prove that he committed it.