Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Might sound cliche buuuutttt.......
Do you guys have any suggestions for meeting some new people? I don't mean like friends but someone to possibly be in a relationship with. I feel weird asking this a the ripe age of 18 but my life is so taken up with my 25 hour per week job and me going to college full-time. Should I just stroll around town and stop in random stores? No one at work is gonna work, pun intended, and school might have some options but I don't know. I am just wondering what you guys have done. Thanks!

you can do what's being done....
spend every free minute every gay dating/hook up app and site. If you've been reading posts in here you know YOU were one of the very rare new members who hasn't come to GS with silly relationship drama about dating apps and social media.... nearly all the rest have.

Or you can do it the old fashioned way..........
get out and socialize, broaden your real life circle or friends, meet new people, do new things and wait for the smile on a guy's face that makes the world stand still...

And saying you don't have time is lame and you know it. Just stop doing a few things you do just to avoid doing anything else...TV... video games.... and step out of your routine.

Whenever I was single and wanting to find someone to date, I would tell all my friends and ask if they had any leads for me. Networking your close ties and your looser connections often can drum up some possibilities.

DOING things with other people is the best way to get to know them. Volunteer, look for a couple of interest groups to hang out with, go to car shows, Look for the openings of art shows, hang out at a coffee shop.

If you are not too shy, drop me a PM and tell me where you are in Virginia. It's a big place.
I bid NO Trump!

Virge Wrote:Or you can do it the old fashioned way..........

You mean between bathroom stalls at an Abercrombie & Fitch?

Thanks you guys. I just never really cared much for meeting people, for dating reasons, on the internet. It just seems like such a disconnected experience. I love meeting someone, picking their brains, feeling out their personality, you know what I mean? And yes, I am not going to lie, not having time is a terrible excuse. I say that because when I do have free time I use spend it watching tv or doing something with my car. And it's not like I just stay at home, it's just easier. So that will definitely have to change.

Look for gay groups/activities in your area... Bowling, Hiking, picnic/pot lucks, underwater basket weaving, photography, ... Even if those guys aren't what you're looking for, become friends with them. Their friends/relatives might be your Mr. Right.

social media should be perfect for you age if your gay and out, can you just point out on twitter that you bored and lonely on a sat night etc. hopefully you may have an admirer you never knew who wants to make a date of it -

Camfer does have the best idea though, just ask your friends/workmates for any stray gay buddys

I never seriously went relationship hunting. I kinda sorta just let things happen as they may.

Since my last relationship I tried OKCupid (no luck there).

Most of my exes I met through things like work, parties, AA meetings... you know things that are not actually the 'gay scene' and where one should be actively seeking a mate.

With the number of funerals I have attending this year I wouldn't be surprised if I meet my next exe at a funeral. Now that will be an interesting story to tell. :tongue:

You should keep on with looking for friends and building friendship relationships, more people in your life will introduce you to more people, eventually one may introduce you to your future ex.

Perhaps go places you like, find a nice coffee shop to frequent.