Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Tastes
I am just curious what everyones music taste is?

I like all sorts of music all over the board from classic rock, to alternative, punk, heavy metal, electronic, dance, bluegrass, film scores, techno, indie rock, hip hop, rap, R&B, jazz, blues and various other music that I might have skipped.

I am not a big country fan at all, just cant seem to get into it at all. Though I do like Kacey Musgraves, like her voice and I like that her songs are not about breaking up with guys like the boring ass Taylor Swift (yuck).

My favorite band of the moment is Modest Mouse, they just have some really awesome songs and I enjoy them all.

I like oldies, retro, pop and some country songs Smile

I like all kinds of Indie, dream pop, shoegaze, post punk, electronica, deep house, Chicago house, Detroit techno

The one that gets my soul humming are jazz vocalists and some modern and classic jazz instrumental as well.... and some Blues. I also like 60s/70s/80s/90s R&B/Soul, Classic Rock, 80s Modern Rock, Broadway and Dance Music....

I also like listening to garage rock bands a lot on this one station from Santa Cruz but I never know the names of the bands...I like them a lot though....

Most listened to currently: Rachelle Ferrell, George Benson, Patti Austin, Minnie Riperton, Sly & Family Stone, Chaka Khan, Herbie Hancock, Miles Davis, The Who, Bettye LaVette, Fleetwood Mac. Manhattan Transfer.....

I'll listen to almost anything, including country music, the two exceptions being heavy metal or hard-core rap/hip-hop.

Fave singer is Madonna.

Fave genre is freestyle. For those who don't know, freestyle is a type of dance music that mixes pop with Latin style elements like salsa or merengue. It was popular from 1985-1995.

Here's a two minute commercial for a 2 CD set that will give a good example of what freestyle sounds like.

[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I like many kinds of music, from pop, rock, soundtracks, Rock and Roll to country and much more. I like singers that have been around along while and have a extensive back catalogue of music, such as Rod Stewart and Tina Turner. And I guess I am a bit of a gay cliche in that I really like acts such as Madonna and Kylie Minogue :p

Bruce Springsteen, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Kid Rock, Kings of Leon, Lifehouse, Snow Patrol, Showtek, Augustana, OneRepublic, Dolly Parton, Paganini, Strauss, Breaking Benjamin, Godsmack, Whitesnake, Alannah Myles, Sting, Eros Ramazzotti, AC/DC, Guns'n'Roses, Korn, Marilyn Manson, Billy Talent, Guano Apes, Iggy Pop, Three Days Grace, The Chemical Brothers, George Michael, The Goo Goo Dolls, Uriah Heep, Aquagen, Third Eye Blind, Butthole Surfers, etc.

actual artists have always said a lot more to me than a genre in general. i like rock, but e.g. Nirvana leaves me fully cold. i love Guns'n'Roses but Metallica is mostly boring. genre itself doesn't say a thing. i don't like genres. i like certain music. and it can be generalized down to the artist but not to the genre.

My tastes are eclectic when it comes to music.

It boils down to my mood or what I am doing. For instance I listen to hard pounding dance/trance music when cleaning the house. Opra when pulling weeds in the garden....

Death metal when driving....

I'm sure that I'm not the only classical freak here, but I will also enjoy some other styles, often specific things rather than genres. In addition to a wide range of works from Bach to Palestrina to lieder to Copland, I have been known to like bits of Janis Joplin, Dolly Parton, Doc Watson and The Stones, Doors, The Who, and The Grateful Dead. The common thread is the exploration of real musical issues. That can happen in any idiom.
I bid NO Trump!

my musical taste run from popular (Abba, Madonna, Gaga, MJ, some early Prince and many others) to eclectic with movie soundtracks (John Barry, Danny Elfman, Hans Zimmer, Jerry Goldsmith and others) and I mean the instrumental background music not those excruciating title-songs.

These days I only listen to music when I'm working out. In the car or at home I enjoy the silence.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.