Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eating Lemons
Has anyone here ever ate a straight-up lemon? I saw someone doing this for the first time today and I was like "wat?!" lol Does this have some kind of health benefit or something? Or does this person just really like lemons...? I am perplexed.

Never have. I do have two lemon trees, make lots of lemonade and in winter I make lots of lemon curd (the filling for lemon pies).... I also use it in teas... Made lemon glaze a few times (with mixed results).

I would imagine all that acid would be horrible for the teeth.... oh and it would exercise one's pucker power... Kiss

Bowyn, there is a tart made with finely sliced lemons and Moroccan salted and preserved lemons that are supposed to be very good in certain uses. Don't forget marmalade and candied lemon peel.

Bluelight, any chance this was a Meyer lemon? They are much milder.
I bid NO Trump!

I've never just cut up a lemon to eat, but I have eaten a wedge if I was cutting some up for lemonade or to use with tea. To me, it's not tasty just to eat, but it is also not horrible so I could see how some people might like it.

One thing about lemon wedges, the ones you get in a restaurant with iced tea or water, do not drop those into the tea or water. Squeeze the juice and put it off to the side. The lemons have often not been washed and the skin has been handled by a lot of people from being picked, packaged, and then cut up at the restaurant and then by whoever puts on the rim of your glass. They're dirty by the time they reach you.

Oh you guys are so out of the loop.... If you get a baby around me I'm going to give him or her a first taste of lemon. It's always a total shock for a baby but after that they LOVE lemon. Here's babies getting first tastes of lemon. Not one of them cries but that are sure funny!!!!!! Some asct like they've been electrocuted when they taste lemon for the first time. hhahahahhhahha!

Virge Wrote:Oh you guys are so out of the loop.... If you get a baby around me I'm going to give him or her a first taste of lemon. It's always a total shock for a baby but after that they LOVE lemon. Here's babies getting first tastes of lemon. Not one of them cries but that are sure funny!!!!!! Some asct like they've been electrocuted when they taste lemon for the first time. hhahahahhhahha!

OMG this was the EXACT video I thought of when I read the title and first post!

I have a friend who has a Jack Russel who's favourite thing to play with is a lemon. He even bites in to it and then throws it up in the air. He has a ball to chase but he prefers the lemon!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

MY boyfriend eats lemons raw...he loves them. I can't do it.

East Wrote:MY boyfriend eats lemons raw...he loves them. I can't do it.

ME TOOOO!!! And I blame it on my dad for giving me my first one as a cruel joke when I was a baby. I buy the small ones they use in bars because they're the most sour ones!

And babies NEVER cry about lemons!!!! They might throw it down at first. But most won't put it down or give it up after they've tasted it the first time. My baby nephew looked like he was having a seizure when I gave him his first one. Now he's all grown up at four he thinks he's hot shit eating lemons like his Unka. Now I have him eating hot pickles and mustard... My little hero.

LONDONER Wrote:I have a friend who has a Jack Russel who's favourite thing to play with is a lemon. He even bites in to it and then throws it up in the air. He has a ball to chase but he prefers the lemon!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Londoner ... I have two SWEET calm smart intelligent black labs who have fallen for the trick of me throwing them food while I'm chopping in the kitchen and caught bites of lemon. Now I can hold a slice out for them and they show teeth and boogie out the doggie door. I can put one in the doorway and they won't walk past it.