Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kid's just say what they're thinking....
This isn't really a joke, just something that happened last week that I found pretty funny.

So I'm doing my food shopping. I'm walking down the isle and pass a woman with a little girl seated in her cart. The kid was probably 4 I guess.

As I pass the little girls asks her mother in a loud voice, "mommy...why does that boy have long hair?"

I started cracking up laughing. I looked back and the woman was looking away really embarassed. I was still laughing and said don't worry about it.

That's it....I had a slow week!

No one like a child's spontaneity to make your day! and the best thing is whatever they say or however it is said, is not without intent!

Yea..Children are really adorable..
And they say whatever comes to their mind..

O boy reaper hahahahhaha! You opened up a box of ugly crap with that!

My baby nephew was four this summer. He thinks I'm some super hero for stealing him away from his parents and letting him stay with me "like a grown up" letting him ride on the mower, the motorcycle, ATV with me and all that boy stuff.

I went over to my parents when my brother and his wife arrived. My nephew crawled right up in my lap while all us adults were talking.... and he came out with.......

"Daddy told Momma your peepee is bigger than his." The room went total quiet and I just played it off like it was nothing and we got back almost to normal.

Then he shook me and yelled out, "AN' SHE SAID SHE WON'T BELIEVE IT UNTIL SHE SEES IT HERSELF, UNGA VIRGE!"

The room went EMPTY leaving me there with my nephew while all of them went to other rooms to laugh until they were crying. His teenage sisters laughed the rest of the day every time they looked at me.

If someone ever invents a mouth filter for kids they'll make billions.

Hahaha Virge! I love it! But who would want to actually make such an invention? The fact that kids don't have a filter is what makes their personalities so amazing! My own daughter is incredibly whimsical and such a joy to observe when she doesn't think anyone is watching. My son says things so off-the-wall that he has no idea how funny he is.

Kids ROCK!

AlohaShannon Wrote:
Kids ROCK!

I had to Virgilize those last 2 words Shannon.... Cuz kids really do rock. If all goes according to the plan --- in a few years Jay and I are going to have us a few of them. He says two. He can think that for a while if he needs to. hahahha. I LOVE kids and I envy everyone who has them. If I get around them too long it really brings out a side of me that doesn't get to be seen often... and I like feeling that way.

Kids ROCK!

and that thing you said about them having no idea how funny they are........... that's the best part. They can screw a perfectly good pissy mood to hell and back. hahahahhaha!

I have a wiccan friend who lives in Berkeley. She's got purple and green dread locks down past her butt, more piercings than a pincushion, and enough ink to write a novel. She was walking down the street one day and this little girl blurted out, "You look weird." My friend bent down, gave the kid a big smile, and said, "Thanks! Just remember when you're all grown up you get to look how ever you want to look too!" Then she gave the mom a wink and headed on her way.

Virge Wrote:O boy reaper hahahahhaha! You opened up a box of ugly crap with that!

My baby nephew was four this summer. He thinks I'm some super hero for stealing him away from his parents and letting him stay with me "like a grown up" letting him ride on the mower, the motorcycle, ATV with me and all that boy stuff.

I went over to my parents when my brother and his wife arrived. My nephew crawled right up in my lap while all us adults were talking.... and he came out with.......

"Daddy told Momma your peepee is bigger than his." The room went total quiet and I just played it off like it was nothing and we got back almost to normal.

Then he shook me and yelled out, "AN' SHE SAID SHE WON'T BELIEVE IT UNTIL SHE SEES IT HERSELF, UNGA VIRGE!"

The room went EMPTY leaving me there with my nephew while all of them went to other rooms to laugh until they were crying. His teenage sisters laughed the rest of the day every time they looked at me.

If someone ever invents a mouth filter for kids they'll make billions.

Haha, That's funny as hell. kids a are great.

Especially when they don't know how funny the things they say really are.

reaper Wrote:Haha, That's funny as hell. kids a are great.

Especially when they don't know how funny the things they say really are.

Yeah. When I'm around kids whether they're crying or laughing I have no worry in the world. I like seeing things through their eyes. When we get kids I'm not going to rush to fill their heads with info that'll suppress their own imaginations and skills at figuring things out for themselves. It's their reasoning and total innocence that I like best.

Virge Wrote:Yeah. When I'm around kids whether they're crying or laughing I have no worry in the world. I like seeing things through their eyes. When we get kids I'm not going to rush to fill their heads with info that'll suppress their own imaginations and skills at figuring things out for themselves. It's their reasoning and total innocence that I like best.

Virge the story you've shared of your nephew reminds me of my nieces, when they were around the same age; and how much I used to enjoy spending time with them! I remembered going through some hard times, and the only thing that lifted my spirits was when I either visited them on weekends, or when my siblings came to visit. I too love children, and to be honest my only regret at this point in my life, is not being able to have one of my own. Every time I bring up the subject with my family and my co-workers, they highly encourage me to adopt,! I would love to, but raising a child on your own is not an easy task. In my opinion children highly benefit best when they have two adults taking care of them.