Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new face of ISIS
...is an Australian 17 y.o. old nerd:

[Image: enhanced-12127-1413867818-9.jpg]

http://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/te...-spokesman

What an idiot.

I'd love to know why so many kids from Western nations are joining ISIS. Is this some kind of teenage rebellion? What happened to weed and rock n' roll?

The Islamic study centres, known as Madrasa in my region, indoctrinate the students deeply. The families send them there or 'religious' learning. But the teachings that they receive easily replaces the progressive and inclusive learning imparted by conventional schools. Many highly qualified people are sympathetic and supportive of the barbaric way of life in the name of religion.

I hope they iutgrow it. It's tragic how many people are so full of hate.

It's very strange, it's the same in france. The last weekend four young french died in this war.
I don't understand how it's possible to want to leave his country to do war with ISIS ...

Sounds a bit scary, mostly if these people return in their country after that.

Just like the guy in Canada who shot and killed the soldier standing guard at the War memorial.

The profile seems to be men who have a history of trouble with authorities like police.

I think we will see many loners with mental health issues who really don't belong to anything, gravitate toward identifying with a violent causes like this....with ISIS, they aren't even bound by any real organizational structure...each one can plan their own individual act of violence and carry it out under the false flag of a terrorist organization in order to get revenge and to feel powerful for one or two moments.

Rareboy Wrote:Just like the guy in Canada who shot and killed the soldier standing guard at the War memorial.

The profile seems to be men who have a history of trouble with authorities like police.

I think we will see many loners with mental health issues who really don't belong to anything, gravitate toward identifying with a violent causes like this....with ISIS, they aren't even bound by any real organizational structure...each one can plan their own individual act of violence and carry it out under the false flag of a terrorist organization in order to get revenge and to feel powerful for one or two moments.

^^^THIS^^^...and I think it will attract your garden variety sociopath. I wonder what the percentage is now of sociopaths in society?

deepu69 Wrote:The Islamic study centres, known as Madrasa in my region, indoctrinate the students deeply. The families send them there or 'religious' learning. But the teachings that they receive easily replaces the progressive and inclusive learning imparted by conventional schools. Many highly qualified people are sympathetic and supportive of the barbaric way of life in the name of religion.

^^^
Few people in North America and Europe really understand how serious this is. They brainwash young boys to kill and they will do it without thinking twice. In Afghanistan the older men will leave boys with firearms in ambushes for soldiers and then scream when the kids are killed.

East Wrote:^^^THIS^^^...and I think it will attract your garden variety sociopath. I wonder what the percentage is now of sociopaths in society?

^^^^
It would be nice to know percentages broken down by religions or lack of religions.

How is this different than the Klan, gangs or militias in the States?

Same target audience (the marginalized/disenfranchized), similar tactics (give the illusion of being included, solidarity, hold up a scapegoat, even if illogical), same tragic results.

I think this is the underlying point. There is no difference.

The only thing is that at the moment, there is an international conflict that provides these disenfranchised sociopaths a kind of 'carte blanche' for their actions. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't eventually find some skinheads in the mix who are obsessed with striking back at the Jews in Israel.

The current leader of ISIS is savvy enough to realize that at the moment he is inviting everyone into a very big tent. It has ample room for every person with a chip on their shoulder or out to work off their rage over their own impotence around the globe. 99% of all these loners probably have no idea what they actually are fighting for...only a paranoid obsession with everything they are fighting against.

At the moment, while militias and the KKK and other hate groups are stifled....ISIS has offered new promise for the disturbed; a cause that allows them to rain down mayhem and have power over others.

Left to their own devices, there will be episodic and almost random acts of violence against police, soldiers and civilians...but at the end of the day....it won't be ideological any more than the Tim McVeigh bombing or the senseless shootings that take place in schools every year in North America that often have a cover story.

This is a little disturbing but pretty much par for the course these days and no more disturbing really than hearing about some scumbag teenage thug who becomes a gang leader whose 'crew' goes around raping young girls, torturing animals, beating and killing people who aren't part of their sick group. The difference here is the scale of things and the fact that this is a large, highly armed organisation of psychopaths who can intimidate and kill more easily than large gangs like say the bloods and the cribs or one of the many many street gangs in cities like London and Paris.

It is sad but hey, what else can we expect in today's sick world... But look on the bright side, this idiot and his fellow moron brigades will probably die waging their silly little 'jihad' and then realise their incredibly stupid vision of paradise was a lot of crap once they go to hell, limbo or maybe even get reincarnated as a bunch of slimy slugs. In fact, I hope the last one is true because reincarnation is more of a Hindu concept (I believe) and these people absolutely hate anything that exists outside of Islam. The idea that say Hindus or Buddhists or pagans were right all along is the worst nightmare ever for them.

It's a shame we won't be there to witness it but trust me, they'll die, go on to the afterlife and realise they're wrong about everything and that they won't go to some paradise where they'll get 72 virgins for each of themselves.

By the way I do not mean any disrespect to Islam and am only applying this to ISIS' dogma. However, I think all religion should be mollified and effectively managed whilst maintaining separation of Church and State wherever possible so that radicalisation is far less frequent.

And yes, I think madrases should be prohibited in any developed, democratic countries. there should be no state funded religious school of any faith or denomination. Even the Church of England or the Catholic Church. Sadly, in the UK we have Church academies, Muslim academies, Sikh free schools.... All of which go against the idea of a separation between church and state. I don't think we should offend but people need to realise there're other faiths in the world besides their own and that exposing your children to this concept is no bad thing. Intolerance breeds in silos so children should mix with children from different religious backgrounds and fully integrate into wider society.