Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any interesting MM Romance book can you recommend?
Hi guys! Confusedmile: Any interesting MM Romance book can you recommend?

I read "The Front Runner" last year because the author is a friend of a friend of mine and was coming to visit. It's about a coach and a track runner. It was written in the 1970s but would make a fantastic movie today -- better than Brokeback Mountain. Also by the same author is "The Fancy Dancer" about a Catholic priest and a Native American that I enjoyed because it was about the area I live in and portrayed life here pretty realistically.

Friends of mine (over 50 y/o) have been trying to get me to read the books by Gordon Merrick which they say are the first MM romance novels that ever made it big. You can look them up. There's a whole series of them about two characters.

PS Your Cat is Dead can't really be called a MM romance but it's definitely worth reading. They made a lousy movie out of it but don't see it. The book is way better.

I did read Cruising this summer. Fuck! It's a gay psycho-thriller. When I got towards the end it was one of the worst thunder storms we had last year. I stayed up reading it with a gun on the bed. hahahhahha! I'd be giving too much away if I told you how it's written which really makes it so intense. It's about a cop who goes undercover to catch a serial killer in NYC's gay leather crowd --- That was back when I was still with county law enforcement.

If anyone wants to suggest other gay thrillers (not sci-fi or supernatural) Please do!

Would love to read those..

Virge Wrote:I read "The Front Runner" last year because the author is a friend of a friend of mine and was coming to visit. It's about a coach and a track runner. It was written in the 1970s but would make a fantastic movie today -- better than Brokeback Mountain. Also by the same author is "The Fancy Dancer" about a Catholic priest and a Native American that I enjoyed because it was about the area I live in and portrayed life here pretty realistically.

Friends of mine (over 50 y/o) have been trying to get me to read the books by Gordon Merrick which they say are the first MM romance novels that ever made it big. You can look them up. There's a whole series of them about two characters.

PS Your Cat is Dead can't really be called a MM romance but it's definitely worth reading. They made a lousy movie out of it but don't see it. The book is way better.

I did read Cruising this summer. Fuck! It's a gay psycho-thriller. When I got towards the end it was one of the worst thunder storms we had last year. I stayed up reading it with a gun on the bed. hahahhahha! I'd be giving too much away if I told you how it's written which really makes it so intense. It's about a cop who goes undercover to catch a serial killer in NYC's gay leather crowd --- That was back when I was still with county law enforcement.

If anyone wants to suggest other gay thrillers (not sci-fi or supernatural) Please do!

My dear Virge even thou I was borned in the tropics my father was a big fan of North American culture. I remembered when I was a pre-teen how my mother used to tell me the fascination my Dad had with American history. I myself took a huge interest in the American West and especially the Native American culture at a very young age! I love to read anything about both very much! that said I can't wait to read the books you just recommended, of the Author Patricia Nell Warren! thank you my dear friend! The Catholic Priest and the Native American novel seem very enticing and very powerful read!! an Amazon.com all of her novels are highly rated by its readers! I am going to see if I can order "The fancy Dancer" right now!! thank you!!

Virge Wrote:"The Front Runner" "The Fancy Dancer"

Virge Wrote:PS Your Cat is Dead

Virge Wrote:Cruising

Thanks, Virge! Confusedmile: I'll definitively check those out.

Please consult your doctor for meds before you get to the end of Cruising hahahhahaha! DO NOT SEE THE MOVIE BEFORE YOU READ THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Al Pacino plays the cop back when he was an unknown. The movie loses the suspense from the way the book is written. That's all I can tell you about it.

trailer for movie

LEANDRONJ Wrote:My dear Virge even thou I was borned in the tropics my father was a big fan of North American culture. I remembered when I was a pre-teen how my mother used to tell me the fascination my Dad had with American history. I myself took a huge interest in the American West and especially the Native American culture at a very young age! I love to read anything about both very much! that said I can't wait to read the books you just recommended, of the Author Patricia Nell Warren! thank you my dear friend! The Catholic Priest and the Native American novel seem very enticing and very powerful read!! an Amazon.com all of her novels are highly rated by its readers! I am going to see if I can order "The fancy Dancer" right now!! thank you!!

Leando you'll like the The Fancy Dancer. It would make a danged good movie today.

Not gay themed, Leandro, but from what you say I do hope that you have read the Tony Hillerman detective stories set in Navaho country. Great series.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Not gay themed, Leandro, but from what you say I do hope that you have read the Tony Hillerman detective stories set in Navaho country. Great series.

The only literature I know about gay native americans are Two Spirit People, and through an anthropology book I read in my youth, about gay culture in Native american tribes! Romance novels or stories about Gay Native Americans are a very rare find! ironically it was well respected and widely accepted in their cultures. That said I love reading Native American stories and literature. As a gay youth reading such literature it did helped me discover and accept my sexuality and spirituality all at the same time; as such my sexual exploration through the eyes of those books was a very beautiful experience for me! unfortunately in my home state I don't know too many gay men who are into Native American studies!? and as you may know there is a huge difference between New Age and Native American spirituality! New age is quite popular and too commercialized where I live.

Then head for the library and look into the Hillerman books. As I say, they are not gay novels, but the insights into the Navaho culture are wonderful. One of the main characters is studying to be a singer of certain rites and there are many allusions to customs and the lives of the people.

Robert Redford liked the series so much that he bought the rights to it. Perhaps one day we will see a movie out of it.

Native American spirituality is certainly neglected. Maybe one day, I keep saying. So many things to learn!
I bid NO Trump!